Thread: Specifying Off-Peak Access

My ISP (Toucan) insists that I only use our (supposedly "unlimited") account for high-bandwidth traffic between 2300 and 0600 local time. Unfortunately, this means that I'm developing a random sleep pattern through getting up at 6am after a night's surfing. If I download or seed outside of these times, we get nasty emails from them threatening us with contended access and per-GB charges. I want to get my seeding ratio back up above 0.77 as well: it's not in the spirit of sharing to leech, is it?

What I'd like to do is to regulate the hours that Azureus accesses the connection automatically, thereby saving my sanity, relationship and bank balance in one fell swoop...

Is there a way to do this either...

(a) hidden somewhere in Azureus itself
    (b) via the Windows shell, or
    (c) using some third-party tool

If not, does anyone have any ideas for programming something to limit an individual application's internet access times? Rough ideas/useful Windows API stuff/suitable tools etc would be much appreciated!

Cheers

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Or u could use the built in scheduler in µtorrent.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4

Arrow

Thanks for these ideas: I use Azureus so I'll give the plugin a go first, and post results back!

Cheers,
    PJ

5. BitTorrent   -   #5

Smile

That plugin is without doubt the new rock 'n' roll!

A massive (and non-gender-specific) "Good Work Fella" to you from both me and the girlfriend!!!!

I should think the only people who aren't happy with that plugin will be my greedy grasping ISP!

A stupefyingly futile conceit.

But at least it's something to hang on to!

Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling