Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autobiographies

Poster
    Last Autobiography I read was "Lucky Man: a Memoir" on Micahel J Fox. I'd recommend that to anyone, he's an icrediable man.

What Autobiographies have you read, and what would you recommend? I don't read enough of them.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Read "The Moon's a Balloon" David Niven.

Very interesting life. Very easy read. Very funny.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Last biography is read was 'Pearl', about the life of Janis Joplin. It was pretty good, though a bit boring sometimes, but it made me understand her music a lot better.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    I've only read a biography, and it's "Heavier Than Heaven" by Charles R. Cross. It's about the life of Kurt Cobain, the lead singer of NIRVANA.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Miles - Miles Davis - one of the most enlightening books ever written if you're into music, recent history, understanding humanity, blah blah blah, especially if you're into jazz.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    hammermaff's Avatar Poster
    I don't really read many autobiographies, however i have read "Paolo DiCanio" (west ham footballer) of course! which i thoroughly enjoyed (i may be a bit biased).
    I've also got "Blessed" (George Best) to read.

My girlfriend has read "The Bodyguards Story" (Trevor Rees-Jones) princess Diana's bodyguard.
    She said she really enjoyed it,( it must be good because she normally reads the first two chapters, then gets bored)!!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    E.A.R.L- It's an autobiography by DMX, real interesting.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by hammermaff@10 May 2003 - 11:47
    My girlfriend has read "The Bodyguards Story" (Trevor Rees-Jones) princess Diana's bodyguard.
    She said she really enjoyed it,( it must be good because she normally reads the first two chapters, then gets bored)!!
    I took that book to Ibiza last year, read the first chapter by the pool, went for a drink... and when I got back someone had half inched it!! My mate never saw anything cause she was asleep

I've added it to my list.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Haven't read many autobiographies, but I'm definately going to try the David Niven one. I've read quite a few biographies in the last couple of years and I'll try and provide a few recommendations. Here goes:

HIMMLER - Peter Padfield. Very interesting and in depth look into the life and "work" of the Reichsfuhrer SS. An evil man and no mistake.

THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND - Giles Foden. Another enjoyable read about another evil man - this time Idi Amin. Written by his Scottish doctor. The story behind the book title is bizarre!!

CHOPPER - Mark Brandon Read. Fantastic book about Aussie "standover" man Chopper Read. Superb, funny, poignant, etc. 10/10.

MOBSTER - John Cummings + Ernest Volkman. Documenting the rise and fall of John Gotti, the Teflon Don. Very scary guy.

I have more to read at the moment and will try and post recommendations/reviews when(if) I finish them.
    Signature removed

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by hammermaff@10 May 2003 - 11:47
    I don't really read many autobiographies, however i have read "Paolo DiCanio" (west ham footballer) of course! which i thoroughly enjoyed (i may be a bit biased).
    I've also got "Blessed" (George Best) to read.

Just one of our great 7's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast