Thread: Transferring to PSP + Emulation?

Poster
    Hi all

just got a legal PSP (firmware 2.0). can someone recommend a decent program for converting xvids down to decent sizes to fit on the 1gig card?

can anyone also clarify whether you can get a 2gig pro duo card? and if so does it work in the psp?

also can someone clarify something - i know i cant play downloaded games due to the firmware - can can i play emulators (if so which?) and nes/snes/megadrive game? or again is this impossible with my firmware?

cheers for that and hope someone whoi knows more than me can help!

cheers
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Games   -   #2
    Internet rebellion!
    I am looking for answers to some of those questions too.

Yes, you can get a 2 GB Pro Duo Card here for $57. Yes it does work in the PSP.

I am not sure about emulators. I have the same firmware and was going to downgrade to 1.5 but then I got scared because I didn't want to brick my PSP.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Hi Mate

cheers for clearing up the 2gig question - ill go out at get one tomorrow

im pretty sure were both out of luck without the downgrade - but just hoping someone has found a way

cheers
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

4. Games   -   #4
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by newcombe6 View Post
    Hi Mate

cheers for clearing up the 2gig question - ill go out at get one tomorrow

im pretty sure were both out of luck without the downgrade - but just hoping someone has found a way

cheers
    You can downgrade any firmware up to 2.71 now. Firmware 2.0 is the easiest to downgrade. You just downgrade to 1.5, then you can use Devhook to emulate 2.71 and play downloaded PSP games, ISOs.

EDIT: And cards up to 4GB work on 1.5 PSPs, I have a 4GB memory stick.

EDIT 2: I use ImTOO PSP Video Converter for converting movies to PSP. If you downgrade to 1.5 you can convert them to PMP instead of MP4 for higher quality movies.
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 09-23-2006 at 09:05 PM.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Cheers Rip - you da man

im off to learn about downgrading firmware!

thanks again

6. Games   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    No problem, just remember to read any instructions given carefully. When flashing the PSP you can brick it if your not careful.

7. Games   -   #7
    Suphix's Avatar . BT Rep: +1
    you can grab the 2.0 downgrader here

(if your scared of bricking just PM me and guide you through the process)

once you have you 1.5 psp you'll want this ChaosZero's Ultimate Devhook Installer v1.1.1

if you dont have a big enough memory card you can actually play the games through usb... but its worth getting a memory card.

i recomend psp official media manager because of the high quality of video but doesnt support alot of formats... so you can try pspvideo9 because of AVC encoding you'll get a much nicer looking video than normal mp4 encoding for a smaller file size (and it also supports much more formats than the official sony one)

anymore questions just ask

8. Games   -   #8
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I use GBPSP (emulates GBA games at full speed for many games, but requires a GBA bios), and also I use snes9x 0.42 me which emulates snes games at full speeds for the most part and has one of the best gui/options for an emulator and u can even play on wifi with a friend with it.