Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IP Blocking

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i would go to work then cum home and my internet was always down. i installed pg2 and looked to see who was accessing my pc and time warner had lots of hits. after the installation of pg2 my internet is never down anymore! it doesn't work? sure it does.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    IP blocking programs work. They work because your ip in a tracker doesn't amount to anything. They need a response from your bt client saying torrent with hash blah blah is here. Why? Because people's ip changes, your ip 2 hours ago could be someone else's now. If you changed your IP 5 mins ago and safenet decided to check if that ip is running bittorrent it wouldn't get any response. What good is that IP to them? If they send a letter now even though they didn't get a response they might as well send random letters based on random ip's.

The question is do they block all the ip's they use? I dont know but i guarantee you that is it MUCH safer to block them. There's only 2 reasons why someone would post for you to not use ip blocking programs. One being they work for them or 2 their ip is on the list.
    Last edited by Submission; 10-24-2006 at 03:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12