Thread: Sound Blaster Aud 2 Prob..help

I don’t know if this would come under a hardware or software problem so…I recently got a Sound Blaster Aud 2 (internal) and when I installed it on startup my windows startup wav file stuttered and sometimes stuttered and cut out halfway through playing and from then on when it cut out I couldn’t hear any .wav files so I had to restart my pc and hope it would load ok.

2 weeks ago I put it in to get checked they said the soundcard was fine and I had a corrupt file so they formatted my pc and installed windows. After installing all my software it started to stutter and its cut out twice now…any help would be really great as I don’t wana keep reinstalling windows.

Win 98 SE
    512 Ram
    Sound Blaster Aud 2
    GeeForce 4 MX
    Jetway motherboard
    AMD AthlonXP 1800+

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Try upgrading your Audigy 2 drivers...
    Audigy 2 Driver Pack for WIN98SE
    Might help...

If that doesnt work, i suggest you switch operating systems. WinME perhaps.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by isuru@8 May 2003 - 01:58
    Try upgrading your Audigy 2 drivers...
    Audigy 2 Driver Pack for WIN98SE
    Might help...

If that doesnt work, i suggest you switch operating systems. WinME perhaps.
    WinME , should you upgrade go with XP, you will be better off in the long run....................but yes check for updated drivers. I would also check the device manager, make sure there is no conflicts with devices or IRQ use.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Hi CornerPocket & isuru,

Thanks for the help. I updated the drivers but still not difference its still stuttering, and there is no conflicts with devices or IRQ use. As for updatein windows….i don’t want to right now as am happy with Win98SE. Any other help would he greatfull

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    hehe well, its an old habit suggesting WinMe. Always liked it.
    I've personally switched from XP to ME due to many issues. Mainly because everytime you install a new piece of hardware, the slower it gets. Not the case with WinME however, and this is a proven fact. XP will also raise alot of technical related questions until the user is completely familiar with the system.
    The thing about XP that impresses me most is its stability of course, which i surely will miss running on WinMe.
    However the pros outweighed the cons for me in ME, so until Longhorn's released, am stickin' wit ME!

Anyhow, thats me...i guess XP's the way to go

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lol I will keep it in mind when I decide to update

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Reduce the master volume to atleast 80%, and make sure its not kept at 100%. Then use your hardware volume controller to control the volume...
    Or, try shifting the board to a different PCI slot...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    The Audigy 2 and Win98SE have issues together. If the update didn't work, best bet contact Sound Blaster as that's what I have heard many people have to do. Check out this guy's article on Audugy 2 updates from hell.

Lots of issues with that combination. Google.com search results.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    WOW thats loads of problems...i will try and contact Sound Blaster. Thanks