Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opera Vs Internet Explorer

opera tends to crash on certain pages

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Thanks all for advice

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by Razz+8 May 2003 - 14:42--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Razz @ 8 May 2003 - 14:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ShockAndAwe^i^@8 May 2003 - 08:42
    Opera is a little faster and has something called mouse gestures that are very addictive.
    But overall I have found opera to be lacking.
    I&#39;d have to say that 2 in every 10 websites won&#39;t work properly with opera.
    Including this one&#33;
    If these probs with opera could be fixed I would make it my default browser.

One more thing.
    Microsoft trys Very Hard to make shure that their browser is the only browser used&#33;&#33; &nbsp;
    im using opera and this site works fine with it..... im not sure wot ur talking about really...

if u mean quicklinks then that takes a few seconds to solve [/b][/quote]
    I have problems adding smiley faces anywhere but at the last sentence with opera.
    I have to add them as I go to make it work with opera.
    In other words I like to add the smileys after I finish my post.
    Now I know this is not a big deal but this is opera in a nutshell.
    Lots of little bugs.=]
    Don&#39;t get me wrong I really like opera but when I come across a bug or a website that it won&#39;t work with and have to switch to explorer it tends to make me use it less and less.

Explorer needs to have those mouse gestures&#33;&#33;

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Mozilla (mozilla.org), it kicks both Operas and IEs ass&#33;

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Out of The Ordinary
    I use both Opera and Internet Explorer, Opera is more stable and faster than Internet Explorer.

BOT

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    i just dled opera 7.1 build 2840, and love it. the mouse gestures make surfing so much easier. I also like the tabs, instead of opening new windows. Im aware that Mozilla and Netscape have these options, but I like the way in which they work in Opera.

I am wondering though. I have a P60 running 95, and it is sloow on the net, mainly through loading up IE 3 (i think) to load a page. It also doesn&#39;t have java. Would it be beneficial to load Opera onto it, to speed up a bit, and if so, which version? presumably an older one would be quicker?
    <insert signature here>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Not sure but the oldest english one I could find was Opera 3.62. For a P60 I would try that first. FTP here.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Belthos
    I just switched to Firebird for a browser.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firebird/why/

Download the TBE, tabbed browser extensions and set it to use only one window, open all new links in a new tab and it&#39;s stunningly faster than IE.

All my windows open in tabs, the browser is skinnable.

Since I&#39;m stuck on 56k right now the fact that this has far superior cache handling, (IE&#39;s is a joke), and having all the links open in the background in a new tab I just click anything interesting and when I finish a page switch to the next tab.

If you close a tab by mistake you can undo the close.

If you have 15 pages loaded and it&#39;s time to sleep you can close the browswer and set it to reload with all those pages still tabbed and they pop back up from cache when you reload with only a brief check to verify the page is still the same.

If you are still using IE give this a shot, it&#39;s free, constantly upgraded.

I&#39;m usually the last person to switch to anything because I prefer to let others suffer so I don&#39;t waste my time but I saw this suggested by some people and took a shot. Took my half an hour to set it up the way I want and now I can&#39;t imagine going back.

Belthos

You can also set up bookmarks that will open multiple pages at once.
    Say you have 4 news pages you check, you can save them all in one news bookmark and give it a shortcut.
    All 4 pages will load 1 up front and the others 3 (or 15) in the background.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I`m using Opera bork edition from time to time.
    Works great on msn.com

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@26 May 2003 - 15:26
    Not sure but the oldest english one I could find was Opera 3.62. For a P60 I would try that first. FTP here.
    thanks. I found v5.stg and its workin great on the PC
    <insert signature here>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast