Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hide IP

thesixthsensor's Avatar P0st3r
    Is there a way that i can hide my IP adress from being seen while ul/dl torrents. I use Utorrent.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    no

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by thesixthsensor View Post
    Is there a way that i can hide my IP adress from being seen while ul/dl torrents. I use Utorrent.

u can always use a proxy 4 that... ur real ip will be hidden if the proxy is gd.. although u ll have to find a fast proxy as well as one that allows that kind of traffic, which are quite rare, but defenetely duable

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Honestly, I don't think you'll be able to do it without paying money for it. I don't think you'll find a free proxy of that type.

I believe Azureus could do it with Tor, but Tor is slow thanks to more people using it than people providing for it. My advice (as I've said before) is to stay away from large public torrents on sites like piratebay, mininova, etc, and stick to private sites. You're pretty safe with newsgroups too.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    zak2210's Avatar The One BT Rep: +4
    Yeah, stay away from public trackers.

There is a program called Peerguardian 2 which keeps you protected from the copyright guys, I recommend you download that if you haven't done so already.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleo View Post
    Honestly, I don't think you'll be able to do it without paying money for it. I don't think you'll find a free proxy of that type.

I believe Azureus could do it with Tor, but Tor is slow thanks to more people using it than people providing for it. My advice (as I've said before) is to stay away from large public torrents on sites like piratebay, mininova, etc, and stick to private sites. You're pretty safe with newsgroups too.
    there are a few that do it actually, u just have to search hard to find them.... tor isnt even worth trying with....

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by zak2210 View Post
    Yeah, stay away from public trackers.

There is a program called Peerguardian 2 which keeps you protected from the copyright guys, I recommend you download that if you haven't done so already.
    I don't think PeerGuardian really works. You kind of have to wonder when you seed a torrent on an invite-only tracker and the first leecher who starts to download is blocked... I just think it's a broken database of IP ranges that does more bad than good. There's nothing in particular that's convincing me that it works even some of the time.

To each his own...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I (fully) agree.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    almighty1's Avatar DISABLED PRIVS
    Peerguardian wont hide IP, if you dont want peeps to see you IP address, dont use the Internet full stop. Best security measure is to use very private torrent sites.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    senser's Avatar Riksgrym BT Rep: +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85
    I think this link might be something for u guy´s, it can be read in both swedish and english. You'll exchange the IP-number you get from your ISP to an anonymous IP-number . You get a safe/encrypted connection between your computer and the Internet. It´s called relakks check it out
    https://www.relakks.com/?lang=eng&cid=gb

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3,2 ghz, Gfx geforce 9800 GT 521Mb, Ram 6GB Dual Channel
    HDD 2x1 TB HDD 4*320GB External
    HDD 1*74GB raptor 10000 Rpm HDD 3*200 GB 21"HPLCD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast