Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonoid ratio/stats problems

Does anyone else have a problem with the stats? My haven't changed for ever, still 1.00 and I have uploaded like 2 gb lately.
    I'm using utorrent 1.6.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    berserk1980's Avatar BERSERK BT Rep: +4
    it changes daily. not as other private trackers' x0 mins.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    mine stayed like that for about a month then changed

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Yuppers.
    Mine remains @ 0.94 for about 5 months now. despite seeding above 125% and an u/l.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    berserk1980's Avatar BERSERK BT Rep: +4
    berserk confused. mine always changes daily.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by berserk1980 View Post
    berserk confused. mine always changes daily.
    berserk confused, but happy

Demonoid is a great site. Few of the things I like is that they have strict rules (no pr0n, no compression, no viri, no spyware, etc). If you need pr0n, there are sites dedicated to that. Demonoid is a "family friendly" site. They also have loads of stuff you can't find anywhere else. But every site does have some shortcomings and Demonoids problem is stats.
    The problem of the stats lies with the fact they change it once a day only. Which gives headaches if you are d/l and/or u/l several files and your connection get interrupted for some reason. ==> The tracker doesn't register you're no llonger "connected", you can however, in most cases you can correct that yourself by "updating the tracker" manualy within uTorrent. (left click on the torrent, click on "update Tracker") But it doesn't work all the time.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Yea, and if ur isp gives u dynamic ip's, u need to login to demonoid and browse a lil to bind the tracker to ur new ip every time coz they don't use a live tracker like other sites.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    best way to have correct stats is to log into demonoid main page every once in a while so they get your latest IP...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    demonoid doesnt update stats with "update tracker" or "scrape" or anything related.
    it only updates stats with the "stop" command.

basically, u need to:
    1. log into demonoid, so they can link ur i.p to ur account.
    2. when the torrents done seeding/leeching, "stop" the torrent in ur client.
    3. wait at least a minute, as its sometimes pretty delayed for ur client to send the stop command, or demonoid to receive it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    demonoid doesnt update stats with "update tracker" or "scrape" or anything related.
    it only updates stats with the "stop" command.

basically, u need to:
    1. log into demonoid, so they can link ur i.p to ur account.
    2. when the torrents done seeding/leeching, "stop" the torrent in ur client.
    3. wait at least a minute, as its sometimes pretty delayed for ur client to send the stop command, or demonoid to receive it.
    Thx for that j0hn.
    But can't do that (in my case) as the torrents involved (and the files as well) are no longer on my system. Thus, can't follow your proposed procedure.
    I hope it will work for others.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast