Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: What Invites Are Worth

Dedalus^'s Avatar The Truth is Out BT Rep: +3
    I believe a site's value is more on a person to person basis, although eLSydeoN's scale can be used as a good guideline. Sometimes, people just get lucky... or meet a nice guy

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    RevTT - 2

TD - 2

Templateshares 2.5 - 3 will decrease in time

Vipmusic 2.5-3

iPlay - 3-3.5

Polish Tracker 3-3.5

FL - 3-3.5 will increase as time passes

KG - 3.5

TTi - 3.5

BTmusic 3.5-4 saw a few invite offerings lately

F*** - 4

E***o - 4

FST - Priceless
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    @Evandro

yep you are right, one should try to offer anything available, who knows, maybe one gets lucky (i know i have, a few times).

i just want to specify that i didnt make this rating to tell people what they should trade their invites for, that is way beyond my intentions.

if someone has for example a tb account and wants to trade it (for whatever reason) for a tl or a bitme, who's to say he can't. by that rationale, who's to say it cant be the other way around as well. as i mentioned in my previous post, people are free to do whatever they desire with the invites they have, noone claimed otherwise, and its not bad to try your luck with some more popular sites in order to get the rarer ones.
    as you said it, its just a question of luck.

what this rating system was actually intended for is to give users a basic idea of the chances of success when attempting to trade a site for another. if they are in the same league, the chances are higher to complete the trade, if they are in different leagues, the chances are lower (but not nil).

That is what the user who started this thread asked for, a basic idea on the value of each site. we're not trying to make a rule here as to which user should trade what, just help those who atm have less knowledge than us. most of us who've been in the torrent "business" for some time probably already know the value of each site (roughly), but that doesnt mean we cant tell the newbies...

maybe this will give them a basic opinion on what to expect before starting a thread offering demonoid for sct.

the value of each site is not confidential now, is it

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Thanks guys, this looks great. The idea was to have a general outline of what to expect in trades. Values of sites is different from person to person depending on what they need. Again it was a general outline.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    i'd say on the whole that guide to the value of invites is a very good and accurate 1.
    probably even worth a sticky, if edited right so n00bs can understand easy, and with a side note saying dont ask what the edited out names mean.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    This is excellent, we less experienced (noobs) now have a idea of where we stand. I started in 1, then got into 2 and I am now in 3 so this fits me just perfect, now I can see what I need next...

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Loner181's Avatar The Pirate of Death
    I thought the scale looked rather good myself and was actually happy to notice that my site made a 3 temp. of course. Whatever that temp. actually stood for?

I do have just a bit to add though, sites can't always be chosen on availablity of invites and things as some site don't even have invites and work solely off amount of users and then to be able to get in you have to wait for the cleanup to run and just hope you lucky enough to make the cut.

Other sites have a small user base but, the staff make the difference in what the site may lack in other areas. Most sites with a small user base understand that they have some issues with seeding files back on the original 1:1 ratio and make allowances such as seeding bonus's or seeding rules to change the fact of reaching the 1:1 ratio as in the larger site.

I think in some cases the value of an invite is not only in the fact of how rare it is to get one but, also should be placed in the type of site it is on the inside.

To the original poster of the rating system though. I thinkit really rocked for me and was well on target for the most part although I think there were about 100 or so sites not mentioned which I know that it would have taken a lifetime to search them all out and rate them. Great job though.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    Think if this were kept up it could easily be a pin giving n00bs a simple gauge to start with. Think it would need posts cleaned out occasionally if so. Didnt notice where sites that frequently have open signups but have invites also go.That could be a 1.5 rating perhaps. As for whats on the list now TS needs to go as its not even a bt site and invites are common now...

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Loner181's Avatar The Pirate of Death
    YEah well that was my fault there RealitY. I was mistaken by the intitials that were given as I thought only BT sites were listed so, when the TS was used I refered to it as The Studio. In that case I thought of it as a good rating and yes The Studio is a torrent community and invite only now for sure. Sorry for the mistake if made.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Not sure now as thought it was TemplateShares though it may be TheStudio also. Guess the poster will have to clarify it. Regarding your point that many sites arent on the list think the thought is to add to them when other members mention them. Think the post could be simpler though saying the basics and most important points made so far. Points such as its just a basic outline and that trades made are up to each on their own. Then at that point the thread can be split and made into a pin. Then of course the upkeep of it as a pin is also important.

Great topic to the thread starter on this. When first reading this when posted thought this could easily be a pin with a good response. As for the response dont think it coulve been any better. Its a nice clean layout for those to read when they get access to the section...

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast