Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ouch, my coccix!

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    I'm thinking it's this bug I had last week. Gemmell caught it first and when he got better he got a sore tailbone and now I have the same.

Mattress is only 2 years old or so and is top notch. Can't believe a bloody tail remnant can be this sore
    If Gemmell caught the bug, why didn't he dispose of it properly, rather than give it to you.

What an utter cad.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #12
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Just found this. It's part of an angst teen rant about overmasturbation.

Now anytime I masturbate I get a sore tailbone, sore tip of penis, sore lower back, etc... I forgot to mention that I have been seeing a hell of a lot of eye floaters lately since this as well.

:sage:
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Karen DiConcet's Avatar -to - Festival newb

4. Lounge   -   #14
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    too much hard butt sex

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    too much hard butt sex
    ...for both of them.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    too much hard butt sex
    ...for both of them.
    i don't know about strap-ons but if you say so Busy then so be it.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Nothing a bit of vaseline and anal lube can't cure
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

8. Lounge   -   #18
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler View Post
    Nothing a bit of vaseline and anal lube can't cure
    Been playing with the big boys again?
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Coccyx injuries

Definition

The coccyx-or tailbone-is the last bone of the vertebral column, and usually consists of three to five fused vertebrae that connect with the sacrum, a part of the pelvis.

Description

The coccyx consists of fused vertebrae, which are not flexible like the other vertebrae of the vertebral column which are all interspaced by intervertebral disks and joined together by elastic ligaments. Since the spinal cord ends just before the coccyx begins, coccygeal vertebrae also lack a central foramen (hole). In the coccyx, the vertebrae generally fuse together in early adulthood and may also fuse with the sacrum, the bone located between the 5th lumbar vertebra and the coccyx, as a person ages. In males, the coccyx curves downward, and in females, it is straighter to allow a baby to pass through the birth canal without impediment.

Pain in or around the coccyx is called coccydynia or coccygodynia. Coccydynia presents a range of symptoms associated to a variety of underlying causes and conditions.

Causes and symptoms

Causes

Coccydynia can be caused by a number of factors. Usually, patients report pain after a fall onto their buttocks, as occurs when going down stairs or while skating. Others have pain during pregnancy or after childbirth. Some experience repetitive strain from rowing or cycling, and some cite anal intercourse as the cause of pain. In many cases, pain derives from a malformation of the coccyx itself. Sometimes bony spurs appear on the coccyx, but only seem to be painful in thin patients who do not have the padding to protect the region from the spur.

Other causes of coccydynia include cancer or damage to the sacrum that generates referred pain, meaning pain that appears in one region but originates from another. Muscle strain or tension, pinched nerves or damaged nerves, or dislocation of the coccyx due to gross obesity are other causes.

Symptoms

The most common symptom of coccydynia, irrespective of the cause of the condition, is pain when sitting, or when rising from a sitting position. If the condition lasts long enough, the patient may even experience pain when standing or lying down. Sometimes, numbness occurs in the lower part of the spine. Some patients will experience pain during bowel movements, sexual intercourse, or menstruation.

Secondary symptoms include back pain from sitting in odd positions in order to relieve pain, and painful feet from standing too much, because patients avoid sitting. Sometimes the entire buttocks experience pain. Rarely, exhaustion, depression, and lack of sleep may occur.

Diagnosis

Diagnosis of fracture is usually made by inserting a gloved finger in the rectum and pressing on the coccyx. X rays and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are also often used. Since coccyx pain may be the result of other factors like cancer, these must be ruled out through a variety of tests before treatment can begin.

Treatment

Treatment exists to either control the pain or eliminate the cause. Pain control may be dangerous if an underlying condition exists of which the pain is a warning sign. Nerve blocks and a variety of drugs are other options to control pain.

Elimination of the root cause of the pain is ideal. This is done through careful diagnosis and the application of manual treatments, corticosteroid injections into the coccyx vertebrae, or surgery. Injections into the fourth and fifth sacral nerves and coccygeal nerves often bring relief, but are considered more as a pain control measure than as curative treatment. Manual treatments have not been found to be effective. Surgery is a radical procedure whose indications are inconsistent and dependent on the subjectivity of the physician.

Prognosis

With current treatment, prognosis is good and patients usually are able to live pain free.

Prevention

There probably is no real prevention, expect weight control. Some women may choose to give birth through ceasarian section instead of vaginally after an episode of coccyx pain from a previous delivery.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast