Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Punk Me Out

killallhippies's Avatar Poster
    Stiff Little Fingers not political? ARE YOU MAD? "Tin soldier", "Alternative Ulster", the list goes on, nobody was ever more punk, musical or political, download "all the best" for starters, then when you're hooked carry on.

2. Music   -   #22
    killallhippies's Avatar Poster
    Also The Clash. start with, "London Calling".

3. Music   -   #23
    can't believe nobody mentioned Bad Religion....

4. Music   -   #24
    @Nora182
    NOFX is a good suggestion. although I never really liked them they are punk and slightly political. However their lyrics aren't always the most intelligent

@killallhippies
    I have to admit that stiff little fingers have some moderate political views so if you wanna use that to get into punk then go ahead but I don't recommend it considering they aren't exactly "revered" in the punk world although part of being a punk is breaking away from the views of others so do as you wish.

@echidna
    What bands did you suggest? (cant be bothered to look back ) at the time of my post i don't remember reading any good suggestion other than the stiff little fingers one.

5. Music   -   #25
    i am most certainly not an expert on the subject, but out of the music i listen to, Stiff Little Fingers are the most political punk. The most outright political music i have is The Manic Street Preachers

6. Music   -   #26
    Pennywise and Guttermouth. Guttermouth has a lot more stuff than what was played on the radio

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123