Thread: HP to acquire Voodoo PC

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Voodoo PC has agreed to be acquired by Hewlett-Packard, Voodoo founder and Chief Technology Officer Rahul Sood announced on his blog Thursday.

Details of the transaction were not released. Rahul Sood and his brother Ravi, currently the CEO of Voodoo, will take positions within a new game business unit in HP's Personal Systems Group reporting to Phil McKinney, that group's chief technology officer, according to the posting on Rahul Sood's blog.

Voodoo makes expensive high-end PCs for gamers and PC enthusiasts, often with flashy designs and cases. This is a relatively small portion of the PC market, but it yields higher margins than the mainstream market. Customers of companies like Voodoo, Alienware and Falcon Northwest are thought to wield influence over less tech-savvy friends and colleagues.

Monkey see monkey do , Dell and Alien ?

Source: http://news.zdnet.com/HP+to+acquire+...&subj=technews
    Homepage: http://www.voodoopc.com/omen.aspx

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Dell + Alienware = Dellienware
    HP + Voodoo = HooDoo?

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sushi View Post
    Dell + Alienware = Dellienware
    HP + Voodoo = HooDoo?

I can just hear my friends now , " but you said not to buy a Dell or HP , I just searched the net and their top of the line "

With out the special service and workman ship I can hear myself saying . Dare I say customer service ?