Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What an incredible asshole...

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    From the original source.

What's the age of consent in the USA? Genuine question, I really have no idea.
    it depends by state.

In Florida, the age of consent is 16 if the adult is under 24 or married to the teen. the age of consent goes to 18 if the adult is over 24 and not married to the teen. so the basic answer is yes, when the adult is 52, 16 is under the age of consent.

WTF- some of these age of consent laws are weird- New Mexico: the age of consent is 17, but may be lower for homosexuals at 13?
    and Utah- age of consent is 18 but may be as low as 16 as long as it doesn't involve force? WTF does that mean? how does it involve force if it is consentual?
    Surely we would have to look at the position in Washington, that's certainly how the article is headed up.

Washington

* 18 - Applies under three different sets of circumstances, enumerated in RCW 9A.44.096. Foster parents with their foster children; school teachers and school administration employees over their students; The third set of circumstances require all of the following situations occur in tandem: The older person is 60 months or more older than the 16 or 17 year old, the person is in a significant relationship as defined, and such older person abuses the relationship to have sexual contact.

* 16 - Under all other circumstances.

That's according to wikipedia.

That would suggest to me that the age of consent in this instance would be 18, given the relationship between the two (however I haven't actually read the definition).

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Here's what it says "...is in a significant relationship to the victim, and abuses a supervisory position within that relationship in order to engage in or cause another person under the age of eighteen to engage in sexual contact with the victim;"

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.44.096

Doesn't really define "significant relationship. However it does beg a further question, did he have a supervisory position with regard to the boy in question?

Apparently it's a "gross misdemeanor", for which the maximum sentence is one year.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

Surely we would have to look at the position in Washington, that's certainly how the article is headed up.

Washington

* 18 - Applies under three different sets of circumstances, enumerated in RCW 9A.44.096. Foster parents with their foster children; school teachers and school administration employees over their students; The third set of circumstances require all of the following situations occur in tandem: The older person is 60 months or more older than the 16 or 17 year old, the person is in a significant relationship as defined, and such older person abuses the relationship to have sexual contact.

* 16 - Under all other circumstances.

That's according to wikipedia.

That would suggest to me that the age of consent in this instance would be 18, given the relationship between the two (however I haven't actually read the definition).
    that's Washington state- in Washington, District of Columbia, the age of consent is 16, with no restrictions- if this all happened in Washington DC, apparently he didn't break the law.

Edit- after more closely reading the artical, we don't know where the boy is from.
    they do say
    Foley asked him how he was doing after Hurricane Katrina and what he wanted for his birthday.
    Louisiana perhaps? if so, the age of consent is 17
    the boy also said that he wasn't the only one that this fucker was emailing
    Last edited by Tempestv; 10-04-2006 at 04:10 PM.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    that's Washington state- in Washington, District of Columbia, the age of consent is 16, with no restrictions- if this all happened in Washington DC, apparently he didn't break the law.

Edit- after more closely reading the artical, we don't know where the boy is from.
    they do say
    Foley asked him how he was doing after Hurricane Katrina and what he wanted for his birthday.
    The age of consent is not 16 in DC....at least not with a person above 20.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    this comes from ageofconsent.com page on Washington DC law
    CHAPTER 41 SEXUAL ABUSE § 22-4101. Definitions.

(3) "Child" means a person who has not yet attained the age of 16 years.

§ 22-4108. First degree child sexual abuse.
    Whoever, being at least 4 years older than a child, engages in a sexual act with that child or causes that child to engage in a sexual act shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life and, in addition, may be fined an amount not to exceed $250,000. (May 23, 1995, D.C. Law 10-257, § 207, 42 DCR 53.)

§ 22-4109. Second degree child sexual abuse.
    Whoever, being at least 4 years older than a child, engages in sexual contact with that child or causes that child to engage in sexual contact shall be imprisoned for not more than 10 years and, in addition, may be fined in an amount not to exceed
    $100,000. (May 23, 1995, D.C. Law 10-257, § 208, 42 DCR 53.)

from how I read that, the law says that in a sexual relationship that involves a child, the older person must be within 4 years of the age of the child. however, the law doesn't apply after the younger person is over 16, because they are no longer a child. am I reading it wrong?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Indeed, the grey area is between 16 and 18, where the "special relationship" and five year age difference rules apply.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post

they do say

The age of consent is not 16 in DC....at least not with a person above 20.
    It actually depends who the other person is.

However the default position is that the age of consent in Washington is 16. That much is clear.

The only ambiguous area is what would constitute a "significant relationship".

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    One must wonder if some of you chaps would be so outraged if the 50 year old had been a woman.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    the age in DC wouldn't seem to matter, considering the kid was somewhere else from what I can get out of the artical. what would matter is the age of consent where the kid was.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    the age in DC wouldn't seem to matter, considering the kid was somewhere else from what I can get out of the artical. what would matter is the age of consent where the kid was.
    So where was the young chap.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast