Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: What an incredible asshole...

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    also that Gerry Studds, Barney Frank, and Bill Clinton weren't doing unethical things with nonconsenting juvenilles.

Gerry Studds had a relationship with a legal age male page
    Barney Frank is openly gay and had a relationship with a male prostitute, who started running a prositution ring out of Frank's apartment, which caused the end of the realtionship

Bill Clinton got BJ's from an office intern

damn, MN beat me to it
    So j2 brought up stuff (spin?) that has no parallel with the topic (well...uh..oh well) or at the very most is questionable.

OIC.

(that Barney Frank stuff is very questionable, that fat fuck is openly gay? I didn't know, I only saw him on Bill Maher)

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Frank
    I'm used to being in the minority. I'm a left-handed gay Jew. I've never felt, automatically, a member of any majority.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney_Frank

I didn't catch this before, but he used his power to fix 33 parking tickets for his boyfriend
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    the age in DC wouldn't seem to matter, considering the kid was somewhere else from what I can get out of the artical. what would matter is the age of consent where the kid was.
    Ok yes it matter where the act takes place. I was just saying that basically a 25 year-old fucking a consenting 16 year-old is in trouble in DC.
    No they aren't. You're talking pish. Again.

Oh and forgive me for being pedantic, however the artcle didn't actually say he fucked anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    the artcle didn't actually say he fucked anyone.
    Doesn't matter.

What matters is, the identified case involved a 16-year-old; proof of a sex act is not necessary.

Foley is a Republican, and Republican trespass requires different handling.

Odd, too, the sentiment expressed on FoxNews by Bob Beckel, Democrat pundit.

Relative to the Foley deal, he said something to the effect of, "Everyone knew Foley was gay, and they should have expected this to happen".

He might have been more on-point had he said, "gay Republican", as he does not normally conclude so presumptively when speaking of your average gay-on-the-street, I'm sure.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Anyone that has seen the program "to catch a predator" will know there is one statement that with very little exception they all say.

"I have never done anything like this before, it's my first time and I had no intention of having sex"......despite the 12 pack of beer, condoms and lube gel they all seem to have brought along.

Perhaps instead of justifying a difference because "there is no proof he had sex" we should be grateful he was exposed in time before he did.

Foley being a republican is beside the point and really of little consequence. The political problem is the way the republican leadership appear to have handled it.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    apparently these emails were sent in august of 2005, which means that it was kept secret for more than a year. the guy that is the chairman of the page program said he learned what happened in late of 2005, so why did most of a year pass before they became public? was this guy still allowed near the highschool students working as pages from when the allegations were made onward?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    A
    "I have never done anything like this before, it's my first time and I had no intention of having sex"......despite the 12 pack of beer, condoms and lube gel they all seem to have brought along.

Though I will freely admit my belief sexual predators should suffer presumptive castration, we must remember Foley is due the standard legal protections.

I don't recall hearing anything about "the 12 pack of beer, condoms and lube gel" in this case either.

No doubt you thought that was a nice rhetorical flourish, though.

Perhaps instead of justifying a difference because "there is no proof he had sex" we should be grateful he was exposed in time before he did.
    Let me ask you precisely who is not grateful; in other words, who you have heard say, "Gee whiz, I wish he hadn't been caught?"

As to the Republican bit, I have a very distinct memory of your having "endicted" Karl Rove over the Wilson/Plame deal.

Apparently Mr. Fitzgerald disagreed with you, huh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    The comparison with what the sickos say on to catch a predator (obviously a lie given the beer etc.) was made because of the question about the context with Stubbs (the other two have no bearing whatsoever). Stubbs did have sex, Foley apparently didn't. So I simply pointed out that it's lucky he was caught before and any difference between those that have had sex and those that haven't yet in such cases is irrelevant.

You know full well that right wingers have been trying to make the difference to make it seem democrats are worse, look here to see them blame everyone but themselves
    We punish terrorists with the same standard if they manage to carry out their plans or were foiled.

The question is:
    Did the Republican leadership (those actually in charge and responsible for running things) do their job?

If the response is "democrats democrats democrats" then the question is being avoided instead of answered.

What democrats, republicans or independents did or did not do in other past cases has no bearing on what someone does now, and does not excuse.
    If you think it does then try using it as a defense in court.

On rove. All I did was point out what he admitted to. His own words. He did what he did. Just because the law is written in such a way as to make it almost impossible to convict anyone, or that Fitz decided not to proceed doesn't mean he didn't do what he did.

If you shoot someone and it is decided you didn't mean to do it or that you simply didn't break a law, that doesn't mean that you didn't shoot someone.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #59

10. The Drawing Room   -   #60
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    the artcle didn't actually say he fucked anyone.
    Doesn't matter.

What matters is, the identified case involved a 16-year-old; proof of a sex act is not necessary.
    On the assumption that the 16 year old was below the age of consent. If he was allowed to consent to sexual intercourse then the other chap is guilty of no more than being a pest and cries of paedophile are inappropriate. If the 16 year old is under the age of consent that's a different matter.

Oh and like I said before I think the reaction would be entirely different if the 50 year old was a Woman.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast