Thread: Port Slow to Close

SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Yes I am a newbie to the forums, but from what I have read this is the place to be for info. I am running Azureus and when I closed it down the other day, I got a message stating that my port was slow to close. Does this mean anything or should I open another port? Why would the port have issues closing when I close out Azureus?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    mmmm..i dont use Az ,i use utorrent ..but that is a very strange message as you dont want your port to close .have you tried utorrent ?...it is a lot more easy on your pc as it uses very little memory ,like 5 mb when Az uses something like 200mb just idling and around 300 downloading...

why dont you have a look at utorrent ,found at utorrent.com

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by PooBar View Post
    mmmm..i dont use Az ,i use utorrent ..but that is a very strange message as you dont want your port to close .have you tried utorrent ?...it is a lot more easy on your pc as it uses very little memory ,like 5 mb when Az uses something like 200mb just idling and around 300 downloading...

why dont you have a look at utorrent ,found at utorrent.com

Thanks for the advice. I do see allot of people on here using utorrent. I may have to check it out. I read up on the issue and it seems to be the cable modem that I am using. It is a linksys modem and there are several postings on there site refering to issues with opening ports with this modem. They said it is no big deal, just a communication issue with Azureus. It can not be too bad, my download and upload speeds are blazing.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    I've never seen or heard of that error before. was it an azureus popup, or something from another program? can you take a screenshot of it?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yes it was an Azureus pop up in the tray. It seemed it was trying to close and the port was staying open or something. I reset my modem and I have not seen it this week. It may have something to do with me leaving it up all weekend while I was away... If I see it again I will try yo screen shot it for ya!