Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever heard of a Nightwatchman?

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    I've messed around with one of those before- when I was in TKD, my instructor had one of those and I messed around with it a little. very cool weapon, although a bit slow to deploy the knife if you want more than a basic club.
    The question one must ask is would you use it on a burglar.

Assume we're not talking a life and death situation here. Would you hit someone with that and potentially kill or maim them, in order to protect your video recorder.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I've messed around with one of those before- when I was in TKD, my instructor had one of those and I messed around with it a little. very cool weapon, although a bit slow to deploy the knife if you want more than a basic club.
    Where can you buy that? The only reason I don't like it is cos I have a 5 year-old around and (although it's not totally easy to deploy it) it has a long ass knife on it.

That looks like a good weapon to have under the bed but really you'd have to take precautions with it like one would do with a gun.

It'd be nice to have that for close quarters defense instead of a gun. I say just stick with a stick or baton.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    May I ask how many times you've been burgled at gunpoint in your own home, busy?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Where can you buy that? The only reason I don't like it is cos I have a 5 year-old around and (although it's not totally easy to deploy it) it has a long ass knife on it.
    my instructor had a catolog that was full of swords and such that he ordered it out off. I don't know off hand, but try smokey moutain knifeworks.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    May I ask how many times you've been burgled at gunpoint in your own home, busy?
    zero

6. Lounge   -   #16

my instructor had a catolog that was full of swords and such that he ordered it out off. I don't know off hand, but try smokey moutain knifeworks.
    Yeah I have a sword already but I never wanna actually use it (display only). I'll check the site out.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    zero
    Any need for an excessive amount of weaponry then?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #18
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

Yeah I have a sword already but I never wanna actually use it (display only). I'll check the site out.
    I can understand that, having it as a martial artist, or as a display item.

However comments like "it's for da burglars" just make people sound like pricks.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    people don't burgle him because they read on the net what doom befalls them if they enter..

if I was gonna burgle a house in Washington and in one I saw the silohette (sp) of a guy walking past with a sword and insepecter gadget stuff I would hit the house next door..

I don't know how you people can't see that.. Busy know's what he's doing

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

I can understand that, having it as a martial artist, or as a display item.

However comments like "it's for da burglars" just make people sound like pricks.
    it makes you a prick if you are ready to defend your self?
    personally, I can't justify buying one of those things. it just doesn't seem useful enough in a self defense situation to justify buying it. it's cool to play with, don't get me wrong, but the excitement wears off pretty quick
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast