Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Ever heard of a Nightwatchman?

Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    It's an adjective meaning exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit.
    but what's normal? a milita group near me called project 7 wanted to kill enough people in order to get the national guard called in, then kill enough of them to get NATO called in, so that we would have lots of armys here when the red chinese attacked. not a joke. would it be reasonable for me to have a larger than normal weapons collection to defend myself if these crazys start trying to kill everyone in sight?
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post

I'm confused now. What actually is your position.
    I stated earlyer that I have handled the weapon that the video that started this myth was demenstrating, and while it is kinda cool, and would be cool to have, it isn't very far up my to buy list becuase I don't really have a use for it. therefore, if some drug crazed lunitic with a gun invited himself into my house unannounced, I would not be meeting him with the nightwatchman. my point was that I would be holding a much more effective and practical weapon.
    how often do drug crazed lunatics with guns invite themeselves into your house though?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #43
    It's an adjective meaning exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit.
    but what's normal? a milita group near me called project 7 wanted to kill enough people in order to get the national guard called in, then kill enough of them to get NATO called in, so that we would have lots of armys here when the red chinese attacked. not a joke. would it be reasonable for me to have a larger than normal weapons collection to defend myself if these crazys start trying to kill everyone in sight?
    Not really, you can only use one, maybe two, at a time.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Karen DiConcet's Avatar -to - Festival newb
    If they were prepared to kill many members of the national guard I think getting a bike and leaving town would be a better option, or a Phalanx CIWS.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen DiConcet View Post
    If they were prepared to kill many members of the national guard I think getting a bike and leaving town would be a better option, or a Phalanx CIWS.
    the leader and a couple of the highups got thrown in jail on some weapons charges like unregistered machine guns and whatnot, but the cops don't have any idea how many there are in the group. plus, they think project 7 was one group out of a couple. a while back they numbered the countys according to total population, and the county number is part of the license plate which tells which county the truck is registered in. so for example, license plates from flathead county read something like 7-XXXX, and the cops think that they used this numbering system to make it easy to keep track of poteintial groups in each county. they were investigating project 56, which is lincoln county, but I don't think they arrested anyone.

how often do drug crazed lunatics with guns invite themeselves into your house though?
    Luckly not yet, but I would rather be safe then sorry- if it does happen, it's a good idea to have a plan before they are in the house.
    Last edited by Tempestv; 10-03-2006 at 11:57 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #46

Luckly not yet, but I would rather be safe then sorry- if it does happen, it's a good idea to have a plan before they are in the house.

shit, I've just realised it hasn't happened to me either ... yet
    I must be overdue a shooting from a drug crazed lunatic, I'd better by some guns

7. Lounge   -   #47

I must be overdue a shooting from a drug crazed lunatic, I'd better by some guns
    considering the way that home invasion is on the rise in the UK since handguns have been banned, might not be a bad idea

8. Lounge   -   #48

considering the way that home invasion is on the rise in the UK since handguns have been banned, might not be a bad idea
    Instances of drug crazed lunatics with guns sneaking into peoples' houses to shoot them are on the rise? Or did you mean burglaries? (ie someone trying to nick a telly)

Also, may we see the statistics upon which your claims are based, please.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!

Instances of drug crazed lunatics with guns sneaking into peoples' houses to shoot them are on the rise? Or did you mean burglaries? (ie someone trying to nick a telly)

See that's just it. I am the type that won't leave it up to chance on an intruders intentions. You basically have no plan in case it happens.

You consider owning a gun superfluous but I consider it a lifesaver but otherwise transparent.

Me and you are in same boat....no one has intruded in the house while we were home. Where we differ - if someone does you are banking on that he or they won't harm you. I have something to protect myself.

I have no desire to shoot someone for taking my shit. However, when one encroaches upon my home, one's intentions are unavailable to me. I will not chance it for a silly ideal of 'no guns' as if it's some moral commandment but yet knives, bats, sticks, harsh language, screwdrivers, and telephone ABS are ok then.

Now if it's a desire to not protect oneself or family then that person is just spineless. If you would but have something against weapons then you are just stupid.

Everyone has their level of security....a car alarm, house alarm, Mase, pepper spray, gun, stick, window bars or a fucking whistle.

With what I've seen in this world, they are all warranted.

"Why the fuck do they have window bars? They are the only ones around here with that."

Oh well, I guess it'd be harder for someone to break in through their windows. (I personally think they are fugly as fuck)

I remember someone ragging on me cos I had a carbon monoxide detector as part of my home alarm system. Just in case..........otherwise simply having it is transparent until it goes off.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 10-04-2006 at 01:23 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

See that's just it. I am the type that won't leave it up to chance on an intruders intentions. You basically have no plan in case it happens.

You consider owning a gun superfluous but I consider it a lifesaver but otherwise transparent.

Me and you are in same boat....no one has intruded in the house while we were home. Where we differ - if someone does you are banking on that he or they won't harm you. I have something to protect myself.
    Do all Americans associate being burgled with being raped and/or murdered?
    Not a single person I know who has been burgled has even seen the intruder, let alone been attacked by them. If you all have drug crazed gun toating lunatics in your area, you may want to consider moving instead of buying up an arsenal.

In the off chance that I was to have an intruder, I wouldn't be in need of a gun because A) your typical burglar wants to be in and out as fast as possible without being detected, therefore not creeping up the stairs and into my room to try and kill me, and B) I'm capable of handling an intruder using only my hands (and possibly the hands of my older brothers if needed).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast