Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-men 2 Centropy

Ummmm.

I've downloaded winrar 3.8.exe using KaZaa Lite.

I click on it - nothing

I try to open the first .rar file, selecting winrar to do so - nothing

I'm missing something - any hints folks?

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by BCCorn@9 May 2003 - 01:55
    Ummmm.

I've downloaded winrar 3.8.exe using KaZaa Lite.

I click on it - nothing

I try to open the first .rar file, selecting winrar to do so - nothing

I'm missing something - any hints folks?
    3.11 is the current version. 3.20 beta 5 is also available. Perhaps you have a fake since 3.8 doesn't exist.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Oh mate, I hope you haven't downloaded a virus.

"WinRAR 3.8.exe" is one of the filenames produced by this virus, very widespread on the kazaa network. If you have, try and get it sorted quickly.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Makes sense as a virus, fortunatly McAffee spotted it, I keep that right up to date!

I did wonder but thought that as 361 Kazaa Lite users were shareing it then it would be OK. Well I guess I make 362 victims. No harm done (I think).

I've now downloaded 3.11 and it's a 40day evaluation version. I haven't opened it, I'll keep that for Sunday when I've got time but does anyone know a way around the 40 day limit?

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by BCCorn@9 May 2003 - 02:18
    Makes sense as a virus, fortunatly McAffee spotted it, I keep that right up to date!

I did wonder but thought that as 361 Kazaa Lite users were shareing it then it would be OK.  Well I guess I make 362 victims.  No harm done (I think).

I've now downloaded 3.11 and it's a 40day evaluation version.  I haven't opened it, I'll keep that for Sunday when I've got time but does anyone know a way around the 40 day limit?
    There is crack where you place a couple of files within it folder, which tells the app that it has been already registered. Just search kazaa and you'll find it.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    OK.
    I've:
    installed Bittorrent
    downloaded the torrent
    downloaded Winrar
    extracted the bin/cue files
    downloaded vcdgear
    used that to convert the bin/cue files to .mpgs, saving them in a folded on my computer, I haven't burnt them to disc yet.
    downloaded the latest K-Lite codec pack

I now get the sound track but no picture (in Windows Media Player)!

Any ideas please?

I hope this sodding movies worth it!!!

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    OK, forget that, now they play.
    I've changed nothing, they've just decided to work. I think my computer is having a laugh.

I can't even watch the movie now, I've got to go to work but at least I know I've got it and how to do this in the future.

Thanks to all who helped.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    yay, just finished, but i gotta extract each .rar?

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    One of Schmiggys' posts near the top of this topic showed me how. Thanks Schmiggy!!

Schmiggy_JK23 Posted: 8 May 2003 - 20:05
    Once again... you need to download WINRAR, and use it to get the bin/cue files out of the .rar archives... think of .rar files, like zip files... they are compressed inside each .rar archive... in those 40+ .rar files, is the bin and cue... you to open the file with winrar, the first numbered .rar file, then drag the bin/cue which shows up inside of it, out somewhere to a folder, then u can use vcdgear.. but not till u peice the bins/cues together, with winrar....
    Extracting the first file seems to be enough, it "knows" there are more and does the lot.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    :beerchug:

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12