Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time To Close The Doors

Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor+9 May 2003 - 00:55--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor @ 9 May 2003 - 00:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jibbler@9 May 2003 - 00:31
    Is bandwidth the issue?&nbsp; The board was down the other day because of the new bookworld.
    I truely hope you&#39;re being facetious.

[/b][/quote]
    Chill my young friend.

Obvious pop, but a mate - to - mate one.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Agree it is because of bookworld.....

Books are just to heavy.

games/movies and music came all on cd/dvd, that&#39;s light but the paperbacks or hard tops are way to heave for the server. It hardly can handle the traffic....

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Originally posted by jetje@8 May 2003 - 16:06
    Agree it is because of bookworld.....

Books are just to heavy.

games/movies and music came all on cd/dvd, that&#39;s light but the paperbacks or hard tops are way to heave for the server. It hardly can handle the traffic....
    Does that mean you don&#39;t like books because they&#39;re heavy?

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    i have a good idea - delete all the members and make everyone re register&#33; should get rid of most of the backlog.

limit on creating topics?
    banner ads (pop ups teh suck, make a option that "Do you wish to have pop ups?" or something)
    limit amount of people who can register a DAY (like 100)
    if you spam, you get banned
    get rid of the lounge (so less spam and posts - less bandwith)
    delete all the spam posts
    restart K-lite board

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by Jibbler@8 May 2003 - 18:31
    Is bandwidth the issue? The board was down the other day because of the new bookworld.
    ROFLMAO&#33;

Jibby, your sarcasm rivals even mine&#33;

But in all seriousness... i assumed the same thing... i mean, look at all that content there in bookworld... must just shut this place down...

But ya... something needs to be done... either give more bandwith, something... I for one would be more then willing to deal with a few adds, just to not have to deal with the board dropping out like it has been. But, i use norton internet security/ad blocker, so odds are, i wouldnt see them any how...

cap the membership... hrmmz... seems like a good concept, but, what happens when some of the regs, or other peeps who contribute go away, and dont post... thats less content... maybe some sort of qualifer... say u register... but cant view to verifieds for say, a month, and/or 100 posts, or something like that.... make people earn it? seeings how we have so many who come and go, and dont help what so ever... for a p2p community, its more like a p2pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp... if u catch my drift... but making them earn the verifieds, maybe they would be more apt to contribute.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Yeah.....I guess since most people here use NERO it would really hurt for us to advertise their product.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by dawgas@8 May 2003 - 19:10

if you spam, you get banned
    get rid of the lounge (so less spam and posts - less bandwith)
    delete all the spam posts
    Agreed to an extent... the fact the mods actually promote the biggest spam post in the world, is total crap... like we really need that bandwith hog... there is some constructive things in the lounge... but thats definately not one of them...

Police the lounge a bit more... certain threads like that, have no use... get rid of old threads in the lounge, that contain nothing of importance... people want to chat, get irc, thats what its for....

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Schmiggy..... since we have that post there..... did you notice any spam elsewhere....?????
    Maybe everything has a function of it own.

No one told you that you need to read it... B)

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Forum Star
    The problem is not with money...The problem is not with bandwidth...

The forum is growing and its having some hiccups right now...I am working to fix the problems...Best thing to do right now is just deal until we are able to resolve the issues...

I host this forum...Money is no problem...As the forum grows...Some issues will come up...

Jon

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Jon@8 May 2003 - 19:20
    The problem is not with money...The problem is not with bandwidth...

The forum is growing and its having some hiccups right now...I am working to fix the problems...Best thing to do right now is just deal until we are able to resolve the issues...

I host this forum...Money is no problem...As the forum grows...Some issues will come up...

Jon
    The man just said go get more beer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast