Thread: Dvd-burner Prob.

Hi,

A few days ago, I got a laCie DvD burner and installed it as it had instructed. I was hoping to use it with my Roxio CD/DvD creator 6 and make some custom DvDs. However, when I restarted my computer, the windows program started up and said "installing Pioneer Dvd Burner." Now if I try to burn anything, it won't reconize my burner. What can I do?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    try using nero, and see if u have any better luck... ive installed the pioneer 105 today and works like a charm but accesses the hard drive like mad, so everything slows down to snails pace.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Its very possible that it uses the Pioneer drivers, since they did 'pioneer' the DVD-R technology. I also use the Pioneer A05 and it works great. No problems with accessing the hard drive. Maybe you have something configured wrong?
    Proud member of MDS

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    it might be down to my specs or something:

1.2ghz AMD Athlon
    256SDRAM
    60Gig HD (17gb free).

I installed the dvd writer the same way i installed my cd writer (which was installed ok). So I dont know why its acting slow. When flicking between different windows it takes like 15 seconds just to change between them. i really want to solve this as my net slows down when i burn to dvd.

Burning to cdr works fine however....no slow down.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    It requires alot more processor power to burn a DVD. I don't do anything else while its burning, because the slowdown is signifigant. I'm looking forward to a 3ghz p4 chip.
    Proud member of MDS

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    ohhhhhh...... that sucks

they should warn you on things like that....
    any chance you know any sites on upgrading cpu's???? along with motherboards, they have to be the weakest of my upgrading skills.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Do you know what model your motherboard is? Is not you can download Aida32 and it will tell you. Once you know what model it is you can upgrade the cpu. You can buy one from www.newegg.com. If you have any trouble you can go to the forums at www.pcmech.com for help.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    B) cheers, i'll look into it thanks

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I am using a sony dvd writer on a 1.0 gig system and have had no problems. I have used cdrwin, sonic's mydvd, and copytodvd programs and works great. I would go to manufactors website and look for driver updates.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    im cautious about updating drivers which might or might not improve it. As long as everything burns for me, im not tempted to try it...not just yet anyhow