Thread: connectable?

thesixthsensor's Avatar P0st3r
    How can i become more connectable? When i try to seed torrents i am only connecting to 1 or 2 peers of about 25. Is there a way to change this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Two words: port forwarding :l (and a straightface)

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Im using Utorrent and when I test my port it says OK!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Is your internet through a router or do you have a firewall on your computer. If so they probably need ports forwarded. What do you have?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Dedalus^'s Avatar The Truth is Out BT Rep: +3
    If you are seeding, the peers may already be downloading at their maximum speed. They would have no reason to look for more connections. If you want to connect to more when seeding, get faster upload .

If when you are downloading you can connect to many people, then you are connectable. Make sure ur using a non-blocked port.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I have a router. Im gonna check it to see if i have the ports forwarded. But i dont think thats it... My download speeds are fine. And utorrent says my connection is fine.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    In that case there's not much else u can do. It all depends on the seeder/leecher ratio. Try jumping on to new torrents as fast as possible coz many sites have seedboxes and in a matter of hours there will be lots of seeders. So the longer u wait, the harder it'll become for u to upload.