Thread: Any Tips on getting a better ratio?

Any tips? heard that only sharing a certain part of the download will help.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'd be curious too but think the more you seed would be the most beneficial ,even if only for a weekend . Some sites if you upload you'll gain points but not all sites allow everyone to upload , it depends on your speed .
    Last edited by peat moss; 10-07-2006 at 05:12 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Seed as much as you can, also a few people download say a tv show on a site like mininova or efnet that you don't need an account for and then sometimes the exact same file will be on the site to wish to improve your ratio, therefore you could just upload the file and not have to dl anything. Hope this helps

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @graemk or seed a file that everyone wants mabye ? My guide to the G spot seems to be a good hit . Actual not mine but worth a read .

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    nForc3r's Avatar BT Addict
    leave your client seedin overnite

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    not a n00b
    yeah download things that have have few peers and lots of leechers. That'll raise it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    oo3's Avatar Supa Friendly AviatR
    on popular torrents, especially dvdr's, i let it seed until i get a ratio of at least 2.0.

But most of the time I just leave everything open until there are too many seeders and i'm not uploading more an 5 kbps for that torrent.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Dedalus^'s Avatar The Truth is Out BT Rep: +3
    There are people who download a few rars of a popular movie and seed those. In theory it will raise your ratio, with minimal downloading. But I personally don't see the point... unless you are upload crazy.

Many sites allow you to upload files. Download something from a public site, or another private tracker (make sure you are allowed first!), and seed it there. There will always be 1 or 2 people downloading it, even if it is useless.

In the end, the best way to improve your ratio is to seed. I leave my computer on for 3-4 days after I download something, because that's usually when people want it most. If you do that, you can usually get a 2-3 ratio... even with 50KB/s up .

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Grab about 100 to 200 mb worth of rars out of a huge torrent with lots of leechers and i guarantee you will be able to seed about a gigs worth i have done this with all the good torrentsites when i first joined.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    The best way to ensure a good ratio is to when you first join a site pick somthing you know is going to be popular (even if you don't want it) and just seed it untill that torrent is dead and your not uploading anything usualy about a week.

Anther good thing to do is just leave your client running 24-7 I never turn mine off.

It's also important to see how much each leacher has downloaded. if you see a torrent with 1 seeder and like 60 leachers seems like a safe bet right...well not always if all the leachers have the exact same ammount like 60 percent or whatever, your chances of uploading to them become very slim they in effect becom seeders for you.

It all comes down to one thing realy when you first join a private site don't go crazy. only take what you know you can give back and in the end once you have like 10g up and 8 down it becomes realy easy to keep a good ratio
    Last edited by sear; 10-08-2006 at 07:40 AM.