Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How could this be?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...A-UPDATE-1.XML

Don't liberals own radios?

Isn't their view reflective of the "vast majority of the American people"?

This simply can't be happening, according to them.

Perhaps they ought to seek government/public funding...

...oh, wait-NPR already does that...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    It's kind of odd that the supposedly liberal people that started this station overlooked a very important yet very obvious thing about liberals.
    Unlike the right wing sheep, liberals don't need someone to tell them how to think.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    You overlook the obvious.

Liberals don't know how to think.

Liberalism is the politics of feeling, not reason; that's why so many (almost half the population, in fact) people are liberal: It is so supremely easy to be one.

Truly a headache-free endeavor.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    I guess you were told that's what liberalism is....so it must be true.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Why is it the older you get the more right wing you become? I am speaking for the majority, not an individual.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I don't agree with your political beliefs.

I don't agree with your's more.

That's alright well.

That should pretty much cover this debate, given the way it started.

Oh we could post some specious non sequiturs, that always keeps thing moving along.

Or here's an idea. We could try reading what the other person posted and reply to that. Rather than finding opportunities to post our own hackneyed cliches.

Nah, never mind. I'm just being silly again.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    I guess you were told that's what liberalism is....so it must be true.
    It is a conclusion I have reached based upon my conversations and arguments with liberals, yourself included.

As an example, I will cite the oft-used-and-abused liberal tactic of painting conservatives as racists.

I am conservative, but I am not racist.

Tell me, how can that be?

You have labelled Foxnews as right-wing.

That's fine, and not innappropriate, given that they allow conservative views an airing.

You bemoan and ridicule conservative views, Fox's popularity, and the phenomenal success of conservative talk radio, but have never attempted to explain it.

Consider this:

It is inarguable fact that Americans are just about evenly split, politically, and this has been the case just about forever.

Conservatives see the mainstream media as leaning to the left, and, for decades, had to abide news/info programming which failed to countenance, echo, or even respect their views.

They now have several sources from which they can glean an airing of stances common to their own.

At the same time, it must be noted that the mainstream media enjoys an embarrassment of riches when considered from the standpoint of sheer numbers.

Given these (undeniable) facts, your side seems inordinately upset at the developments I have mentioned, to the extent they promote the utterly absurd notion of a conspiracy of conservative media.

Absolutely laughable.

Now it develops that liberal radio can find neither an audience nor a willing sponsorship.

I think it's hilarious.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...ha.

JP-

Is that on-point enough for you?

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    he asked how it could be that a liberal radio station is in trouble.

Right wing talk radio sells to a target audience. It doesn't talk about issues or policy of the right wing. What it does is take something said or done by the left and phrase it in a way that it sounds as if the other side "hates america". They don't discuss why, they just make a misrepresentation and interpret it in a way it's target audience wants to hear things.
    They find ways to blame all the ills of the US on the left to distract from the failings of the right. Facts are ignored and they tell the audience "how the left thinks", doesn't matter if the left doesn't think that.
    The audeince laps it up.

Air america does close to the same but in reverse.

The thing is that liberals think differently to the wingnuts, so the formular isn't as popular.

It was more fun in one sentence, but if it makes you happy

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Right wing talk radio sells to a target audience.
    I'm sorry, I really couldn't get past your opening sentence.

Apparently you are/were about to characterize Air America as being dissimilarly motivated.

I'll take your proffer, though:

"Right wing talk radio sells"...

...and Left-wing talk radio does not.

Thank you for making my point.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Right wing talk radio sells to a target audience.
    I'm sorry, I really couldn't get past your opening sentence.

Apparently you are/were about to characterize Air America as being dissimilarly motivated.

Quite the opposite, I am saying that liberals are not flocking to air america precisely because it is using the same formular, even if slighly more polished.
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-14-2006 at 12:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast