Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kazzaa

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    One thing must be said.. K-Lite still has enough pr0n on it, and is neatly able to watch it with AVIPreview before it's actually finished downloading

Other than that, it's not as good as it used to be. I have been a ong-term friend now of BT, fast.. new files.. especially the private trackers

But K-Lite is NOT dead yet, and I still believe it's one of the main reasons filesharing is so darn good these days, because K-Lite made us understand how easy it can all be.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by peterk312 View Post
    rossco said:

There just isn't much point in using it since there are a lot of better alternatives...
    What's the "better" alternatives?
    Check my signature..and you can learn to be part of another fossil file sharing Network.. OpenNap

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I have suggestion for the kazaa-section, tho'...

Pin a topic saying that kazaa is considered obsolete by most people on here, and give what arguments for and against it there is.

Then start deleting the crap out of all the noob-threads saying kazaa sucks.

There's no point to having a thousand threads saying it's bad, we all know why it's bad by now, and what it may still be used for, if you can stand it.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    I still say part of the problem is that harsh judgements made against the Kazaa network are based on what Kazaa used to be, and given that it's nowhere near the kind of usership we all once enjoyed you need to change your frame of reference in order to not say Kazaa should be considered "obsolete." I say Kazaa is still viable; I just got three music files yesterday from it. The connection issues suck. It takes over a minute sometimes to jump from one supernode to the next. There's always the risk of viruses no matter what filesharing application you use, and whatever risks there are in legalities also applies to whatever network you're using. Kazaa is still a resource that's out there if you're willing to deal with a slower response time.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ahh the days of kazza I was on dial up during those days

never used to have rared files had to go to verafieds and have 0 sources downloading blank fake files ahh the days

yes limewire is handy for some singles or some aussie stuff I cant find on ss

but its correct if not for KL I wouldnt have found this forum or a hell of a lot of other people as well the days it used to be the front page thing in kazaa thats how I found here

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    The problems with it are the spyware (not in klite but still in the original kazaa...), virus infected and fake files, slowness of files to get onto the network (altho i guess its good for old stuff), and the connection problems.
    There just isn't much point in using it since there are a lot of better alternatives...
    I used to use Klite too but have stopped ever since I discovered Bittorrent 2 years ago. Bittorrent is better than klite in many ways. DHT for example, I love it.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    I've just about had it with the Kazaa network because of the connection and search issues as well as the lack of supernodes and malfunctioning of KazuperNodes. I tried ARES about a year ago but didn't like it compared to Kazaa. Now, Ares is working much like Kazaa used to, although with Ares you can't search the way Kazaa did. Still, the usership of Ares has been on the rise and is making the system a much better p2p network. I've also had some success with the BitTorrent network, but it works much slower for the most part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12