Thread: Utorrent Port issues

SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I am currently using Azureus, but after reading the boards I saw that Utorrents had a large following. I downloaded it and set it up. It is working, but it keeps giving me port error when I do a check on the Port Test feature. I have opened the ports on my modem that it auto generates and it still is not working correctly. I do get some download speed out of it, but I am sure it can be working allot better. Is this a firewall issue any way around this? Your help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bitto...-please-131507

www.portforward.com

Edit:
    What O.S., firewall, AV, router are you using?
    Last edited by Pr1nc3; 10-09-2006 at 05:35 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I am using PCcillan firewall and I am using a Linksys cable modem. I forget the model, but I have read that this modem gives false NAT connection readings. I went into my firewall setting, but I couldn't figure out how to open anything else up to allow Utorrent to pick up the forwarded port.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    I am using PCcillan firewall and I am using a Linksys cable modem. I forget the model, but I have read that this modem gives false NAT connection readings. I went into my firewall setting, but I couldn't figure out how to open anything else up to allow Utorrent to pick up the forwarded port.
    You have to permit uTorrent full in and out in both trusted and internet in your firewall. But, did you forwarded your port in your router's configuration? If not, goto portforward.com.

Read also the thread I pointed to in my first reply (specific re: actual speeds)