Page 346 of 462 FirstFirst ... 246296336343344345346347348349356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 4614

Thread: What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?

A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Saw To Kill a Mockingbird.It was nice watching a movie in black and white for a change,the movie was simple and portrayed the life of a family and the happenings in their daily life,a weird neighbour and showing the discrimination against negroes.I haven't read the book yet so I dont know if the movie came par with it or not.It was a welcome change and I will be watching some more on my "to watch list" which Idol gave,slowly .Old films has an unusual way of getting under the skin when showing suspense scenes with transition of music and sudden body movements lol.

2. Movies & TV   -   #3452
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    Saw To Kill a Mockingbird.It was nice watching a movie in black and white for a change,the movie was simple and portrayed the life of a family and the happenings in their daily life,a weird neighbour and showing the discrimination against negroes.I haven't read the book yet so I dont know if the movie came par with it or not.It was a welcome change and I will be watching some more on my "to watch list" which Idol gave,slowly .Old films has an unusual way of getting under the skin when showing suspense scenes with transition of music and sudden body movements lol.
    Have you ever seen the original Psycho?
    I forget the whole story but it goes something like Hitchcock have a whole Janet Leigh torso built up for the infamous shower scene and filmed a rather( for the day) gruesomely explicit scene but in the end went with just the shots of the knife in the hand going back and the blood swirling down the drain as he deemed them more effective.

Spoilers above.

Kinda similar to the Speilberg/ Bruce the shark story - nothing is as frightening as your own imagination.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-29-2010 at 06:59 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3453
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Finally got around to watching Once Upon A Time In The West (1968). It's #24 on IMDB's Top 250. I believe it is one of those movies that actually merits its spot- how can a movie that has been in the theaters for 2-3 weeks be worthy of a top 10 spot? I digress...

The film (and it was) makes its mark with all of the subtle details that a great movie should contain- classic (yet a bit overly repeated) music, flawless lighting, memorable characters, a stunningly beautiful female lead (prior to all the cgi and silicone- hence a REAL woman) and a story that will keep you interested for its full 2 hour 38 minute run time.

If you haven't seen it, you should. Otherwise, you can stick to Adam Sandler's later work, or anything done by a millennial generation SNL cast member. Or just kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #3454
    Whats with the grown ups bashing?
    Marcus Higgins: Hey Lenny, remember when we'd come here after we got wasted?
    Donna Lamonsoff: [Hearing what Marcus just said] What's wasted?
    Lenny Feder: Nice one, Higgins. Wasted is when you have a hankering for ice cream.
    [All the kids are talking about wanting to get wasted]
    Donna Lamonsoff: I want to get wasted every day of my life.
    Bean Lamonsoff: I want to get chocolate wasted.

5. Movies & TV   -   #3455

6. Movies & TV   -   #3456

7. Movies & TV   -   #3457
    OK just for the record ziggyster, did you find Bedtime Stories or Cop Out funny ?

8. Movies & TV   -   #3458
    I dont know the first movie but Cop out was a dissapointment.I could not dislike SNL any more then i do.
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 08-29-2010 at 11:16 PM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #3459
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I wrote this for another site tonight, but will repost a slightly lengthier version here, because only a handful of people will visit that section on the other site. Reposted text begins at the *.

The Expendables (2010). I have seen some people criticizing this for quite a while, and have not really been looking forward to watching the show regardless of its star-packed cast. After seeing the criticisms and finally watching the show, I have to ask, * "Did anyone watch this for its Academy Award potential"? I sure didn't. I wanted to see: Explosions. Check. Fight scenes. Check. Testosterone limited dialog. Check. Action movie, sports celebrities, has-been-but-now-revitalized and likable stars. Check. Big guns and knives. Check.

The movie, oddly enough, also had Eric Roberts. *shrug*

It was an action movie- it accomplished what it was meant to. 8.5/10 for being just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #3460
    need's Avatar Member
    Julie & Julia, gf made me watch it last night with her - better than I thought it would be but that chick who played Julie was kinda creepy. Julia parts were funny.