Page 347 of 462 FirstFirst ... 247297337344345346347348349350357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 4614

Thread: What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?

A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoleyes
    Have you ever seen the original Psycho?
    Yea parts of it.I used to watch a channel called MGM which showed old movies,when I used to sit infront of TV that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoleyes
    Spoilers above
    FU

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme
    a stunningly beautiful female lead (prior to all the cgi and silicone- hence a REAL woman)
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme
    Did anyone watch this for its Academy Award potential?
    Thats the problem with critiques and people these days.They evaluate all the movies on the same level.Why cant entertainers be seen as an entertainer instead of expecting it to be an oscar nominee or something.

Saw Remember Me.Typical romance drama stuff.Same old story of boy meets girl and the story continues with expected stuff like sex,breakup and back to lovey dovey,father problem etc.Its a nice time pass if you have nothing good to do but the ending was kinda unexpected thou.Robert Pattinson is there to attract chicks and Pierce Brosnan is starring as his father.

P.S:megabyteme,I am in mood to spam the drawing room,wanna join?
    Last edited by A; 08-30-2010 at 03:11 PM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #3462
    Halogen's Avatar Member
    Saw Prince of Persia yesterday. Not as good as I had hoped. A bit too much matinée for my taste.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3463
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    megabyteme,I am in mood to spam the drawing room,wanna join?
    Now, you've gone and made me bite my tongue... See ==>
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #3464
    The Expendables, is a film that will not one day be praised for its acting and storyline. Nah not gonna ever happen. But if you liked pure action films during the era of Commando, Bad Cop, Action Jackson, Universal Soldier and the rest of the late 80's/early 90's action film madness then you will thoroughly be entertained by this flick. I felt like walking outside and shooting 50 shotgun shells off after seeing this madness. But there were no skinnies, latin guerrillas, or even street thugs around so i had to settle for a cold shower.

5. Movies & TV   -   #3465
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by blurayripper View Post
    But there were no skinnies, latin guerrillas, or even street thugs around so i had to settle for a cold shower.
    Not even a slope or a towelhead?

Couldn't you just pretend someone was looking at you funny then?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-30-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #3466
    nah none of those peeps around, for I live in a nice boring suburb so all i had were birds staring at me. But believe me they could sense the madness i had just experienced and were very cautious as a result.

7. Movies & TV   -   #3467
    Saw Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and thought it was great. Nearly everything was perfect. I personally did not think that the princess was hot; the other actors there overhyped that.

I also saw The Other Guys. Laughed my ass off. There's something about Will Ferrel and the producer from entourage being in the same movie that cracks me up. Wasn't any different from the Steve Carell spy movie, just a little better.

8. Movies & TV   -   #3468
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    It was an action movie- it accomplished what it was meant to. 8.5/10 for being just that.
    Now here's what I wrote someplace else that is not fst:

Terrible movie with terrible stunts, terribly slow acting, terrible amateur direction that doesn't take any chances, but is a culmination of cliche cuts and weak jokes one after the other.

Arnold being in the movie for less than an entire minute seemed incredibly pointless and the catch phrases got weaker with every single scene.

This seemed like a cheap shot at the A-Team/Inglorious Basterds comedy/actions genre that went terribly wrong.

Fight scenes were slow, and the bad acting was covered by inanely quick paced shots, and when those slowed down you could clearly tell that 2nd class actors stood at where they were supposed to waiting for cues as opposed to going with the flow.

The hilarity came not from the weak script, but from the terribly cheesy moments that came within close succession of one another. "See you in a thousand years ... Because you're small ... I came for the girl," are just some examples of lines you should expect.

The highlight of the movie, dare I say, was a single moment of retributive epiphany by an ex-expendable, not that monotonous, terribly acted action scenes that you'd go to such a movie to see.
    Ellipses go here.

9. Movies & TV   -   #3469
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Ringhunter posted in the movie section ,I'm both confused a a little scared.

Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    "... Because you're small ...
    Small
    See Jet Li he's short
    Gold I tell you.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Movies & TV   -   #3470
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Have I never posted in here before? I've made it a habit reading the music section and this one for a while now, so it's weird that that is my first post here. Let's just blame it on me never finding a suitable "in".
    Ellipses go here.