Page 348 of 462 FirstFirst ... 248298338345346347348349350351358398448 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 4614

Thread: What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    It was an action movie- it accomplished what it was meant to. 8.5/10 for being just that.
    Now here's what I wrote someplace else that is not fst:

Terrible movie with terrible stunts, terribly slow acting, terrible amateur direction that doesn't take any chances, but is a culmination of cliche cuts and weak jokes one after the other.

Arnold being in the movie for less than an entire minute seemed incredibly pointless and the catch phrases got weaker with every single scene.

This seemed like a cheap shot at the A-Team/Inglorious Basterds comedy/actions genre that went terribly wrong.

Fight scenes were slow, and the bad acting was covered by inanely quick paced shots, and when those slowed down you could clearly tell that 2nd class actors stood at where they were supposed to waiting for cues as opposed to going with the flow.

The hilarity came not from the weak script, but from the terribly cheesy moments that came within close succession of one another. "See you in a thousand years ... Because you're small ... I came for the girl," are just some examples of lines you should expect.

The highlight of the movie, dare I say, was a single moment of retributive epiphany by an ex-expendable, not that monotonous, terribly acted action scenes that you'd go to such a movie to see.
    It was directed by Stallone. Were you expecting witty dialog? The characters were all "hardened" mercenaries. You want warm, fuzzy lovable characters who realize that there is more to life than what they do? They blow stuff up, ride motorcycles, and hang out drinking beer while throwing knives.

If the characters had any real feelings, strong dialog, or existential awakenings- it would be a drama. It was solely about blowing stuff up and killing the enemy. Any of the cast's other movies lead you to believe this show would be anything else?

This movie was meant to be fast food for fast food eaters*. If you go to McLand looking for fine dining, you will be disappointed there too.

*Fast food eaters can also enjoy a nice meal, but at least know what they are getting when they leave the house. Base your expectations on what you ordered- not on what you got...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #3472
    sangos's Avatar T|-|E RE/-\PER BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

*Fast food eaters can also enjoy a nice meal, but at least know what they are getting when they leave the house. Base your expectations on what you ordered- not on what you got...
    LoL good one, last movie was Inception. really liked the movie and ended up at the last scene - srry wont be spoiler - an gone through the same strugle over the internet to see what i should "Do" or "Think" :S but other than that i liked the movie alot

change it so i dont get my A** Kicked

3. Movies & TV   -   #3473
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    What I ordered was an action movie that asks me to check my brain at the entrance, then provide me two hours of senseless, pointless massacre.

What I got was a wimpy damsel in distress scenario, with minimal unique scenes (the only action sequence that was unique to this movie was the wreckage by the plane shooter and that wasn't worthy of being their signature strategy) and HORRENDOUS acting. It was like Mission Impossible three, minus the good reason to watch it (completing the trilogy). Hardened mercenaries that cry about being small in stature, go back to an island for a girl, and quit the team because they lost a fight? No matter how you argue, that's not "hardened" mercenaries material.

There's a fine line between a good comical action movie (as I mentioned earlier on, A-Team (their unique move was flying a tank) and Inglorious Basterds (theirs' being the scalp incidents)) and a movie that doesn't know when to quit with a joke/what constitutes motivating dialogue.
    Ellipses go here.

4. Movies & TV   -   #3474
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

There's a fine line between a good comical action movie (as I mentioned earlier on, A-Team (their unique move was flying a tank) and Inglorious Basterds (theirs' being the scalp incidents)) and a movie that doesn't know when to quit with a joke/what constitutes motivating dialogue.
    Roger Ebert and I beg to differ on that point. Actually I just rewatched Inglorious Basterds and while I now more appreciate what Tarantino accomplished as a director there I am still of the opinion that a couple great performances a good scene or two aside the movie still isn't up to much.
    Btw if you want seriously heartless,merciless bastard mercenaries then probably The Wild Geese is the way to go.They are purportedly the good guys and yet they kill without conscious. Don't look at the score but read the reviews at IMDB.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #3475
    Grabbing Wild Geese now, Idol. Thanks for the rec! Looked around and only found seeded HD versions. Demonoid has a quality 1.36GB version if anyone else is interested.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #3476
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Well thanks for the heads-up, Idol. It's queued in this night's downloads.

If anyone wants a reference version for download/search parameter facilitation: The Wild Geese 1978 1080p Blu-ray GER AVC DTS-HD MA 2.0

EDIT: Idol, as for Tarantino, I usually get that sense from all of his movies. The unique thing about him is that he introduces the concept that direction is an art to the average viewer. No matter how many times Shyamalan/Bay/Cameron give long speeches about it being an art/requiring skill, the average joe never sees past the fact that it's all relatively simple cuts that take no chances. On the other hand, Tarantino (especially in Inglorious Basterds the remake) introduces chapters, scenes, moving the whole play experience into the theater hall. That comes with its gifts/curses, the curses being that it plays out as any play would, leading up to a climactic moment where few would argue that it was a burning bloodbath worthy of the ticket's price, and yet, for the rest of the movie, it feels like the lack of corner stone events causes it to feel like it lacks substance.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 08-31-2010 at 05:30 AM.
    Ellipses go here.

7. Movies & TV   -   #3477
    leading up to a climactic moment where few would argue that it was a burning bloodbath worthy of the ticket's price, and yet, for the rest of the movie, it feels like the lack of corner stone events causes it to feel like it lacks substance.
    Actually except for the twist in the way that it plays out --definitely not going according to plan- the bloodbath/conflagration is a big nothing .The worthwhile moments are ,as with most Tartintino movies. in the dialogue and characterization ( excluding the "basterds " -except for the less psychotic one who dies in the cellar bar and to be honest even much lauded Waltz got too over the top and out of character near the end) .So obvious good : the whole opening sequence ,pinched as it were from Sergio Leone.The extended cellar scene for numerous reasons . Everything with Melanie Laurent.Other than that meh.
    Ironically considering the title , except for the cellar scene the "basterds "are the most ineffectual part of the whole movie.

Again if you want to see this concept played out much better at least as a war/action film watch The Dirty Dozen instead.I actually cared ,unlike here , what happened to the "basterds" in that one .
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-31-2010 at 12:13 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #3478
    Jaws (1975) - Yay, finally seen jaws.Heres what i thought:
    They take time to show the great white aka jaws but it only makes it better when you do.They also kill a few people (Some hot chick and some kid) in the first half hour.So it doesnt seem lenghy as it is, Being two hours.The last 40 minutes is what makes the movie.I wanted that fucking shark dead!With each stabb i was happier because i felt as if he was closer to death.This so classic does not dissapoint.

9. Movies & TV   -   #3479
    browser malfunction...
    Last edited by megabyteme; 08-31-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: ermmmmmm

10. Movies & TV   -   #3480
    The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2009). Swedish film from a popular writer there.
    They're doing a big Hollywood remake ,actually they are planning on doing the whole Millennium trilogy.The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,The Girl Who Played with Fire,The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest
    David Fincher of Fight Club fame I believe is set to direct and Daniel Craig is definitely signed on to star.