Page 395 of 462 FirstFirst ... 295345385392393394395396397398405445 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4614

Thread: What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Battle Los Angeles - saw it at the theater cuz it's like, a theater movie. The movie was...decent but nothing phenomenal.

Skyline - shit

Case 39 - shit

The Next Three Days - good movie

Tron Legacy - bleh

Unstoppable - okay, worth a watch but nothing special

Tangled - the usual good Disney CG animated film, daughter liked it, not Pixar

Faster - FUCKING PHENOMENAL, wayyy better than I thought it would be from previews WATCH IT!

Due Date - good comedy

It's Kind Of A Funny Story - decent dramedy

Siren - wanted to watch a good horror and actually sat through this shit

Little Fockers - great movie

Hereafter - TOTAL SHIT BESIDES THE VERY BEGINNING AND THE VERY END! The tsumani was great but then the rest of the movie is a total slog with 3 disparate stories "meeting" at the very end. Would not recommend.

Cyrus - decent but weird movie, anticlimactic

Ultramarines - liked it even tho' the animation wasn't top notch, a must for Dawn Of War 40,000 fans

Dead Space Aftermath - very good.

Knight and Day - okay action adventure, skippable

SALT - FUCKING PHENOMENAL FILM, the action is top notch and was much darker than I would've thought.

The Town - decent and worth the watch

Red - great action comedy

The Ghost Writer - a decent watch on the laptop when during film/TV dry spells
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #3942
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Battle: Los Angeles

I thought it was a pretty decent film. LOTS of explosions and gun fire kept this one going without the need of some additional love story. Certain things could have been explained more to help the story, but it turned out ok imo. Basically, an alien race engages the human race in trying to colonize us for our H20. I didn't feel anyone did an extraordinary job in acting when all there is are explosions and the like. Grab yourself some quality speakers and enjoy the sounds of war. unexplained meteors, swimming pools & red homing lasers. 8.5/10
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Movies & TV   -   #3943
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    Battle: Los Angeles

I thought it was a pretty decent film videogame . LOTS of explosions and gun fire kept this one going without the need of some additional love story character,plot, logic or purpose. Certain things could have been explained more to help the story, but it turned out ok imo with enough cardboard people being blown up why quibble over details. Basically, an alien race engages the human race in trying to colonize us for our H20. I didn't feel anyone did an extraordinary job in any acting when all there is are explosions and the like. Grab yourself some quality speakers , some Dramamine and enjoy the sounds of war ( I don't really understand why I wrote that last bit because war in and of itself is a bloody,sad and largely pointless exercise - not something really to be enjoyed.Maybe with the Dramamine I got confused and thought the explosions were fireworks and I was watching a Katy Perry video ? On second thought unlikely because I can't remember wanting to put my fingers in my ears at any point ) .Unexplained meteors, swimming pools, a hot Latino lesbian chick who seems to play the same character in every one of her movies & red homing lasers.6 /10
    fixed
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #3944
    Yeah, Battle LA was not good at all. I'm amazed at Michelle Rodriguez's ability to ruin every film she stars in though. Definately deserves a Razzie.

5. Movies & TV   -   #3945
    RE Afterlife -> Was amazing

Due Date -> It's Great

TRON LEGACY -> SUCKS

6. Movies & TV   -   #3946
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Tae guk gi...korean movie ..

7. Movies & TV   -   #3947
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Battle: Los Angeles.

What an odd film.
    Grab every cliche from a 1940's Hollywood war movie, replace the Nazis and Japs with aliens (who have slightly, but not overwhelmingly, superior weaponry and truly execrable tacticians*) and spice up the action scenes with today's de rigueur jumpy cutting...voila!, I give you Battle: Los Angeles.
    It's competently produced and not terribly acted.
    The CGI (which had to be extensive) is OK.
    The aliens seem kind of crude and are mostly seen from afar or blurred by speed or smoke.

In many ways, B: LA is just a poorer, stripped down Independence Day with some Hurt Locker pretensions mixed in.
    I didn't hate it but didn't feel engaged or even manipulated...it was basically rather boring.

*About the alien invasion...
    If your goal is to siphon off our oceans, why the hell are you attacking our coastlines and engaging land forces?
    Plop your weird alien asses down in the middle of the ocean- conveniently free of pesky natives- and start sucking away...it shouldn't take long (after all, it's mentioned on a background TV that the ocean levels are already falling measurably- a mere few hours after the invasion has begun. With whizbang alien tech like that, completely draining the planet should take maybe three weeks, tops) and your ground troops are spared losses storming assets you have no strategic interest in.
    Last edited by clocker; 04-08-2011 at 04:32 AM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Movies & TV   -   #3948
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    @ least u didn't hate it and ur explanation was spot on.

i'm just biased towards shit exploding. that's my excuse.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

9. Movies & TV   -   #3949
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Golmaal 3 - It's a hindi movie.

10. Movies & TV   -   #3950
    Evelyn's Avatar กก ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Tangled - amazing movie.
    wondering how many more movies will be based on the princess locked in the secret tower
    Last edited by Evelyn; 04-09-2011 at 05:34 AM.