Page 408 of 462 FirstFirst ... 308358398405406407408409410411418458 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4614

Thread: What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?

latest one, i've seen is Sucker punch 2011 and was a cool movie , IMDB 6.4/10, Also the sound tracks like bjork-Army of me and others make it a more memorable experience

all thanks to torrents

2. Movies & TV   -   #4072
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by scottperez View Post
    latest one, i've seen is Sucker punch 2011 and was a cool movie , IMDB 6.4/10, Also the sound tracks like bjork-Army of me and others make it a more memorable experience

That I'm going to watch tomorrow. Today, season of the witch, Movie was good but I was expecting more from the climax then 4 men battling against a demon inside a church.

3. Movies & TV   -   #4073
    Poster
    sucker punch had very cool visuals and action but lacking a storyline to hold it all together. 7/10

4. Movies & TV   -   #4074
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Deja Vu (2006) Directed by Tony (I'm the brother not worthy of knighthood) Scott and starring Denzel Washington.

"New Orleans-based maverick ATF agent who is brought in on a top-secret government program to catch the terrorist responsible for a ferry bombing that kills hundreds. Able to do what most law enforcement officers only dream of, Carlin is now able to look back in time at the perpetrator's movements and at the life of the innocent woman whose death would set the events into motion".

Scott does his best to muck up the story with his idiotic Michael Bay slow-mo shots but nothing can detract from either the mounting tension or feelings of "what will happen next" that the movie generates. As an antithesis to something like Green Lantern the film also bleeds humanity even at it's silliest which unfortunately is pretty silly.
    Anyway Washington is great as usual even if his character is a little familiar and the supposing cast ( Val Kilmer, Jim Caviezel and Adam Goldberg among others) is nothing less than uniformly good.

Sentimentalist that I am I really enjoyed this movie, probably more than I should but sentiment aside it did keep me guessing ( and cheering for the good guys ) until the very last frame which is a feat in itself.
    The film also had an underlying social commentary about the American state of mind, not withstanding the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, much of the terrorist threat to America is from homegrown individuals (like Timothy McVeigh) and groups like 'The Order' ultra-right wing paramilitarists who see it as their right to bear arms, much like the fruitcake at the center of Deja Vu. This is something that has been forgotten in the 'War on Terror' currently being conducted in the shattered remains of countries that posed no military threat to America, while Al Qaeda happily hid out in the haven that is Pakistan, a country that is 'friendly' to the U.S.
    The movie in a way serves as a reminder to for the U.S. to look inward as well as outward, and is far more prophetic than the current crop of 'the aliens are coming' paranoia films such as Skyline and Battle Los Angeles.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. Movies & TV   -   #4075
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    So do you think the decision to film in a post Katrina New Orleans is also tied to this? I mean except for a couple throw-away shots of the destruction the locale isn't really much of a factor in the story.
    Btw I just discovered that the woman who is Denzel's love interest (Paula Patton) is in the upcoming Mission Impossible : Ghost Protocol

That and supposedly Jeremy Renner is supposedly going to take over for Tom Cruise.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #4076
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    @1:37 is Michael Bay directing?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

7. Movies & TV   -   #4077
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    No apparently Ghost Protocol has some sort of plot.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Movies & TV   -   #4078
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I knew it would suck.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Movies & TV   -   #4079
    Transformers 3.

Better than the second, not as good as the first. Nothing special plotwise, but the special effects were damn good.

10. Movies & TV   -   #4080
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by ironturtle27 View Post
    Transformers 3.

Better than the second, not as good as the first. Nothing special plotwise, but the special effects were damn good.
    See the above three posts for reasons for the nothing special plot.....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73