Page 410 of 462 FirstFirst ... 310360400407408409410411412413420460 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 4614

Thread: What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Finally got around to watching it.Seemingly I wait for everything to appear on cable anymore.

We had this discussion where Ben Affleck is a better actor then he is usually given credit for but I also think that he also tends to unforgivable blandness if left to his own devices, as is the case here him being the director.
    As for the movie it is mostly believable( in a Hollywood unbelievable sort of way) , barring the central love(?) story - unsentimental ( good for a crime story I guess) and most importantly undeniably exciting.

I know this is a poor comparison but I thought if Boondock Saints were to be played entirely straight it would come out something like this.So I guess that means I enjoyed it.
    I would have preferred that everyone have lived and started a minor league hockey team though with the FBI guy as the coach.
    I liked it better when cunts were scoring points out of ten and you were being reactive.

You refuse to watch anything of rumoured merit, seeing you've seen it all, cross-referencing each pastiche or nod as redundancy of worth.

You're a cynical, cynical creature IdolEyes787 and I can't help but feel some responsibility for that.
    Thanx but I would be remiss not to also give God,government,big business,the fairer sex and my parents some credit.

Btw just as soon as anything meritorious featuring happy endings ,rainbows, unicorns or floppy eared puppies appears I will be on it like crazy on OlegL.

Also as to The Pirates of the Kara Bean, ironically or not ,birthed from an Amusement Park ride as it was ,the series deteriorates with each subsequent film's attempt to up the ante in terms of thrills.
    Even the engineers who design roller-coasters have enough sense to realize that anticipation and momentary relief intensifies the "drama" when it comes.

To prove my point OlegL will now place his hand on a table and repeatedly smash a rock against it. After a while if he discounts the blood spurting in his eyes contrarily the pain seems to lessen.
    Now I will have him stop for a minute and after which ask him to precede again.
    What? He already seems to have some anxiety at the prospect.Who'd have figured?
    Apparently not Jerry Bruckheimer .
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-10-2011 at 12:14 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #4092
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3

To prove my point OlegL will now place his hand on a table and repeatedly smash a rock against it. After a while if he discounts the blood spurting in his eyes contrarily the pain seems to lessen.
    Now I will have him stop for a minute and after which ask him to precede again.
    What? He already seems to have some anxiety at the prospect.Who'd have figured?
    Apparently not Jerry Bruckheimer .
    In this you are hoping that Oleg's kind of crazy isn't a dissociative one, otherwise he'll just keep banging that rock until there is pate

Or are you insinuating that most of the modern Hollywood directors suffer from some kind of dissociative disorder, they just keep banging the same crap out regardless of public opinion because even bad publicity is good.
    In fact there seems to be this maudlin trend, where people are told just how fucking awful something is, so they toddle off for themselves just to see, so how are we supposed to stop the monkeys making crappola, when people rush off to see the latest stinker, ergo good return on investment, therefore the investors pour more money in. It is becoming a vicious cycle of moronic behaviour, with the public willingly handing over money no matter what.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Movies & TV   -   #4093
    rio 2011

4. Movies & TV   -   #4094
    Ronnie Coleman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    "Herz aus Glas" (1976) by Werner Herzog. Interesting, mysterious, directness was a bit "documentary" (all Herzog lovers are familiar with his love for documentary style...). It was great concept, but I think it became much more metaphysical than Herzog himself wanted.

It is, certanly, epic work, if not because if its accessibility, it is because of it's uniqueness for bringing very important questions.
    "Do well and you will have no need for ancestors." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

5. Movies & TV   -   #4095
    Unknown

6. Movies & TV   -   #4096
    Watched Avatar on Saturday (I know, I'm a bit behind time ). I thought it was great ... I was sold when the mech came walking past ... and all the glowing plants were fantastic too ... and the floating islands ... and the giant trees ... basically I liked the whole visual experience

We were a bit apprehensive about watching it. Reading the comments about the movie we didn't know what to make of it. But it was a pleasant surprise. It's really long but you don't notice it - which is always a good thing. There are no annoying parts where all you want to do is press fast forward. All in all it would get a 9 out of 10 from me ... 11 for the visual stuff though

7. Movies & TV   -   #4097
    Quote Originally Posted by spot101 View Post
    Watched Avatar on Saturday (I know, I'm a bit behind time ). I thought it was great ... I was sold when the mech came walking past ... and all the glowing plants were fantastic too ... and the floating islands ... and the giant trees ... basically I liked the whole visual experience

We were a bit apprehensive about watching it. Reading the comments about the movie we didn't know what to make of it. But it was a pleasant surprise. It's really long but you don't notice it - which is always a good thing. There are no annoying parts where all you want to do is press fast forward. All in all it would get a 9 out of 10 from me ... 11 for the visual stuff though
    I'm boycotting movie theatres until they install a handy fast forward button at every seat. The hell if I'm going to sit through anything I don't like ,whether it's suppose to add something to the story or not.
    Also if it was "really long but you don't notice it" how did you notice that it was really long?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnyF View Post
    Unknown
    Unknown was the last movie you say or unknown was what you thought of it?

On second thought forget I asked as I see that you only decided to spam the board with your eloquence so you could trade your recently acquired HDbits invite.
    Hopefully them never make me a mod here again cunt.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-11-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Movies & TV   -   #4098
    I'm boycotting movie theatres until they install a handy fast forward button at every seat. The hell if I'm going to sit through anything I don't like ,whether it's suppose to add something to the story or not.
    Also if it was "really long but you don't notice it" how did you notice that it was really long?
    What I meant was that it's 2 hours and 40 minutes (or something like that) long ... checked the length of the movie on the net before watching. My "optimum time" for a movie is around 2 hours - there are exceptions but most have at least a few parts where you feel that it will never end. With Avatar I had no such moments.

Hope that explains it better - otherwise blame my mediocre knowledge of English

9. Movies & TV   -   #4099
    My optimum time for a movie is right around good.

Anyway don't take anything I wrote too seriously as I appreciate that you took the time to share your views.
    Leap Year A gently quirky "fish out of water" romantic comedy starring Amy Adams and Mathew Goode.
    Nothing earth shattering here but it did it's job of making you hope that the leads wind up together in the end.

Though not having seen it I suspect it's a lot like Game of Thrones minus the sex,the blood and guts and multi-generational storyline.Leap Year does have beautiful Irish locales and a Louis Vuitton suitcase oddly named Louis as compensation though so I didn't feel particularly cheated.

10. Movies & TV   -   #4100
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Delicatessen.

A somewhat weird French film, but weird in a good way, as it does not try to fit into one of the Hollywood categories. A love story, horror flick, comedy, drama and more, all in one movie. Not as good as IMDB says, but still very watchable, especially if you're up for something different.

Once Upon a Time in America.

I was a bit disappointed. Not that it isn't good (De Niro is very good and James Woods is also great), but I feel the movie would be just as good if it were an hour shorter.
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 07-13-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.