Page 422 of 462 FirstFirst ... 322372412419420421422423424425432 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 4614

Thread: What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by thebazzla View Post
    looks like i have a free week end so i will dust down that Lord of the rings boxset and finally watch them..
    Keep your eye on the third Orc from the left and see if you don't agree he's doing some fine actressin'.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Movies & TV   -   #4212
    thebazzla's Avatar 'The Steelmen' BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebazzla View Post
    looks like i have a free week end so i will dust down that Lord of the rings boxset and finally watch them..
    Keep your eye on the third Orc from the left and see if you don't agree he's doing some fine actressin'.
    thanks for the tip will do.and i had to google to see what an Orc was......

3. Movies & TV   -   #4213
    Me too.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4214
    Juggernaut1971's Avatar Poster
    Super 8 - overhyped piece of shit lol don't waste your time or ratio.

3/10

5. Movies & TV   -   #4215
    Friends With Benefits- Mila Kunis, Justin Timberlake.

First let's ponder the elephant in the room.
    Friends With Benefits is a romcom and closely adheres to the genre.
    Every beat/trope/meme is exploited and abused.
    I don't even need to summarize the plot because the title is the ultimate spoiler.
    Had it starred Katherine Heigl, I'd have hated every glossy frame but it doesn't, and therein lies it's salvation.

Mila Kunis channels Bette Midler and Carole Lombard to become a "broad"...her character has far more personality than the writers created.
    She is ace at quick bawdy repartee and seems supremely comfortable mocking herself, very approachable.
    A dirty Sandra Bullock, if you will.

Objectively, FWB is a predictable summer chikflik but thanks to Mila it was an enjoyable way to hate a movie.

6. Movies & TV   -   #4216
    Attack the Block- nobody you've ever heard of.

Aliens attack an English housing estate (a high rise, basically) and the only ones who know about it are a gang of young thugs and the woman they've just mugged.

Attack the Block is a low budget British film (most of the special effects money went to dentistry, I think) with a smart concept, interesting soundtrack and huge heart.
    The gang- whom the opening scene prepares you to hate- turn out to be resourceful, brave and intensely loyal but mostly, fearless in the way only children can be.

The writers also made a very smart choice by creating aliens who are frightening but not invincible.
    This means there's no Hail Mary MacGuyvering of lasers or the like, the kids are fighting with the same pathetic weapons they use to terrorize lone women in dark alleys...a tiny switchblade, a few pipes an a metric shitton of attitude.
    It works quite well.

"Small" films like Attack the Block cannot spackle over creaky plots with multi million dollar CGI budgets (Looking at you, Avatar!) and must depend on character development to engage the viewer.
    This one does.

Spoiler: Show

7. Movies & TV   -   #4217
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I just stole that a couple of hrs ago and was going to see it in a few minutes. After watching the sample it looks liek I'll need subtitles.

Y'akno' wha' I mean bluud?

edit: At least the kids seem a bit more educated than the pommy drama Kidulthood and Adulthood

I fort wen muldy was talkin', lyk, he was takin da piss. dinnt kno dat how dey talk ova dere.
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 09-03-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. Movies & TV   -   #4218
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)
    6.5/10

I had really enjoyed watching the first part.
    Dark of the moon was the final part of transformers series and I think it was ok.I think there was too much action and less story.The first part had action combined with great story.
    Watch it if you prefer action over story.

9. Movies & TV   -   #4219
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Attack the Block
    Heard good things about this movie but haven't gotten around to watching it.Hopefully I will and your review will get at least a couple more people to do so as well.The film industry could certainly use more movies like this and fewer witless movies like Cowboys vs Aliens.

Respect my lack of authority.

10. Movies & TV   -   #4220
    Hangover 2 - 9/10 - it had some very funny moments