Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you like to view your Divx/Xvid files?

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Suphix View Post
    does that support multi-session DVD's then?

Because that really pissed me off.... i burnt the first ep of lost s03 to a DVD-R then go to burn the second ep... and it wouldnt show up...

im thinking of getting a HDTV and hooking it up to my PC with a new gfx card then play my files that way straight off the HD.
    Why burn 1 ep....and then burn the 2nd ep?

I burn all the files as data all at one time.
    When a new series starts that you want to watch, you download episode one, burn it to dvd using multisession and watch it using the DivX player. The subsequent week, you download episode two, burn it using multisession and watch it using the DivX player.

So on til either the disc is full or the series finishes.

Some players won't support this, his doesn't. He was asking if the player you have does support it.

Any clearer?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    I wait until an entire series has finished and then burn it. Or lose it all when my hard drive explodes/implodes/elopes. Whichever happens first.

Currently I'm thinking it'd be cheaper to just buy new hard drives for storage.

I watch my files on my monitor, sometimes in a reduced window if it's something I'm not totally into like BSG or Supernatural.
    Last edited by Fake Shemp; 10-13-2006 at 02:40 PM.
    That's right... who's laughing now... who's laughing *now*?

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Suphix's Avatar . BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

When a new series starts that you want to watch, you download episode one, burn it to dvd using multisession and watch it using the DivX player. The subsequent week, you download episode two, burn it using multisession and watch it using the DivX player.

Some players won't support this, his doesn't. He was asking if the player you have does support it.

Any clearer?

Spot on (saved me explaining it, thank you lol)

and yea... i have no idea why your Divx movie's look so much better on your tv than your PC monitor... must be to do with pixels (beacuse i have a really high resolution)

anyway... i think its worth getting a little harddrive with a SCART connection. and just doing it that way (or plugging my pc straight into the TV)

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

Any clearer?
    Mmk.

@Suphix - No, unless there has been a recent firmware update.

I have to agree with Fake Shemp. I'd probably just wait until the series ended (or can fill up one DVD) 'till I watched.

Another thing to try is to fill up the DVD with more than one downloaded series' episode.

For instance, in one week add Lost, Vanished, Prison Break, etc. 'till the disc is full.

Oh and all of that can be scratched by just simply using....DVDRW.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-13-2006 at 03:17 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    LCD monitor just because I dont have a good TV.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Kneel before Zod
    philips 5960 via usb jump drive or external hdd. no burning of optical required. fairly sweet.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    ahmedbakeer's Avatar DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +4
    i usally see the xvid movies in my computer

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i don't waste time in burning/converting then watching... i use my pc as my media center and have my couch & chair let alone my pc chair in the living room. combine that with 5.1 surround and i'm just fine. looks and sounds GREAT to me and if i do decide to burn... i just burn the whole series/movie as data then watch it as said another time. meh.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    I use to run an S-Video cable to my tv from my PC, but a couple weeks ago I picked up the Philips DVP5960 Up-Converting DVD Player which plays DivX videos and has a USB port on the front. It's great because I now burn full seasons to DVD as DivX and if there's a show that I'm watching one episode at a time (such as Jericho) rather then using a DVD-R for one single episode, I just copy it to my USB drive and pop it into the USB port on the front of the DVD player. It's great watching downloaded shows now on my 42" HD Plasma.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Karen DiConcet's Avatar -to - Festival newb
    I think I'd prefer to be able to watch on the sofa in the living room, but I watch on my computer because it's quieter here (noisy siblings), and my monitor is better than the TV.

Also I found out how to use FFDshow to make things look hawt.
    Lookit, it's one of those things that shows the music I listen to is better than you:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast