Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you like to view your Divx/Xvid files?

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kace View Post
    I use to run an S-Video cable to my tv from my PC, but a couple weeks ago I picked up the Philips DVP5960 Up-Converting DVD Player which plays DivX videos and has a USB port on the front. It's great because I now burn full seasons to DVD as DivX and if there's a show that I'm watching one episode at a time (such as Jericho) rather then using a DVD-R for one single episode, I just copy it to my USB drive and pop it into the USB port on the front of the DVD player. It's great watching downloaded shows now on my 42" HD Plasma.
    What a great idea! (takes look at Philips)

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Hmmm....does the Philips play XviD? I saw this player for $60 at Circuit City.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kace View Post
    I use to run an S-Video cable to my tv from my PC, but a couple weeks ago I picked up the Philips DVP5960 Up-Converting DVD Player which plays DivX videos and has a USB port on the front. It's great because I now burn full seasons to DVD as DivX and if there's a show that I'm watching one episode at a time (such as Jericho) rather then using a DVD-R for one single episode, I just copy it to my USB drive and pop it into the USB port on the front of the DVD player. It's great watching downloaded shows now on my 42" HD Plasma.
    What a great idea! (takes look at Philips)
    Wow! I'd not heard of that but now I want a DivX player with a usb port.

===

I usually burn whole series to dvdr or if it's a series that I can't wait til the end of the season to watch, like Prison Break, Lost, Heroes or BSG, I download them as they are released and put them on a cd/dvdrw to watch on the big telly.

I don't think I've ever watched a film and only a few tv episodes here and there on my monitor.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Suphix's Avatar . BT Rep: +1
    That Philips does sound tasty with USB but i cant find it in any UK stores... i think im going to go for one of those 3.5" hard drives multimedia things with a SCART but i dont think it would be any good with HD media :-(

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    I use the Philips divx/xvid player connected to a Yamaha RX-V2600 upscaler then projected onto a 120 inch screen via a panasonic ae900u high def projector

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    i have a toshiba that plays divx and upconverts to hd, i am kind of a hd nut so the whole upconverts thing isnt workin for me but my divx files on are amazing it will play a cdr with one or two or a dvdr with several. cost me about 60 bucks at costco would recomend it to anyone.

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    I'm not too fickle about my viewing pleasure, I just burn to dvd and watch on tv thru the dvd player.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Suphix's Avatar . BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fartmonger View Post
    i have a toshiba that plays divx and upconverts to hd, i am kind of a hd nut so the whole upconverts thing isnt workin for me but my divx files on are amazing it will play a cdr with one or two or a dvdr with several. cost me about 60 bucks at costco would recomend it to anyone.
    yes im definatly considering an upconverter just want something with a USB port so i can plug my external on it.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Suphix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fartmonger View Post
    yes im definatly considering an upconverter just want something with a USB port so i can plug my external on it.
    Oppo DV-970HD

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Hmmm....does the Philips play XviD? I saw this player for $60 at Circuit City.
    It's worked for me.

EDIT: I picked it up at Best Buy for $50 CDN about 3 weeks ago.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast