Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Files

magicianpug
    Just a suggestion, if when people put music on kazaa to share they should rar or zip it in albums so people can get the full cd if they want.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Retired
    is this for Development ???

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    This should be in the filesharing area.

But i do agree with you.. would make things easier.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by magicianpug@9 May 2003 - 08:02
    Just a suggestion, if when people put music on kazaa to share they should rar or zip it in albums so people can get the full cd if they want.
    I got a better suggestion.

Don't use kazaa for music as it sucks.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by N£MO+9 May 2003 - 10:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N£MO @ 9 May 2003 - 10:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--magicianpug@9 May 2003 - 08:02
    Just a&nbsp; suggestion, if when people put music on kazaa to share they should rar or zip it in albums so people can get the full cd if they want.

Don&#39;t use kazaa for music as it sucks. [/b][/quote]
    But if its in a zip or rar it isnt really music now is it... just like any other binary file.
    So you won&#39;t get the inhereted problems of sharing music on kazaa.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by philco+9 May 2003 - 10:42--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (philco @ 9 May 2003 - 10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -N£MO@9 May 2003 - 10:39
    <!--QuoteBegin--magicianpug
    @9 May 2003 - 08:02

Don&#39;t use kazaa for music as it sucks.
    But if its in a zip or rar it isnt really music now is it... just like any other binary file.
    So you won&#39;t get the inhereted problems of sharing music on kazaa. [/b][/quote]
    Oh i see.Wouldn&#39;t this make it difficult to find and confuse n00bs on kazaa more?
    As this would not be in music but other or software.

I have come accross a few albums zipped up on kazaa and downloaded these and they worked fine.But with the amount of fake music files on kazaa is it really worth zipping up your own albums and trying to share these?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Albums on kazaa already come zipped sometimes.
    Go to verifieds, there are tons of album wraps in zip files.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    And don&#39;t forget, album wraps and other wrappers, such as Wrapster, are sometimes MP3 files, and will come into the Audio category. So if a MP3 file was a wrap of a ZIP file which then had MP3 files in it, this would be fine, and makes up for ZIP files wrapping MP3s and went into the Software/Everything category, but however, if the MP3 was wrapping things that didn&#39;t have MP3s in it somehow, this still might confuse newbies/n00bs anyway.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by magicianpug@9 May 2003 - 03:02
    Zipping albums isn&#39;t done very often due to space. If I take a full CD, rip the files to mp3, then zip it, I&#39;ll have two copies on my machine: the original mp3, and the zipped album.

Why use twice the space? Is it so hard to download the songs one by one? If you want zipped CDs, start learning about IRC.
    Proud member of MDS

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Just started using irc....

Can you recommend some places to go for zipped albums please??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast