Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Show with John Stewart

100%: this show IS NOT a political msg. we(USA) dont have that patriotic "all hail the queen/king" stuff. Bush is a f'in idiot. the man can barely read his own speeches, that were written for him btw.

and for all the republicans that know Bush is retarted.... it takes one to vote one 1

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by ram82082 View Post
    100%: this show IS NOT a political msg. we(USA) dont have that patriotic "all hail the queen/king" stuff. Bush is a f'in idiot. the man can barely read his own speeches, that were written for him btw.

and for all the republicans that know Bush is retarted.... it takes one to vote one 1

I don't even know where to begin.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

I don't even know where to begin.
    What you said, Les.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Well then let me help you.

100%: this show IS NOT a political msg. we(USA) dont have that patriotic "all hail the queen/king" stuff.
    I did a crash course on that show this weekend, i only discovered him a week ago, turns out he has been daily showing for 7 years.

He seems to have been invited to several prime time "political" shows for his opinion.

@Ram if on TV , (with 1000 of viewers, plus you got a few emmys) you make comments about the present administration are you not sending a "political message"? /interpretation?
    All comedy, even those really bad ones have heavy moral in it.
    The best jokes hurt the victim the most.
    Hahahahahahaha

Jon Stewart seems to be an extremly fast thinking humorous character(and is a "talker"), he has written a book which i would like to read, and when he speaks off the show he is definetly sendiing a pltcl mssge, yet When he speaks on the show he is sending a political message - called synicism or critic or you fkd up
    As in the last president election he obviously showed he was for Kerry. (ooh what would have happened if kerry got the key.. a lot calmer person...)

He has been very direct about that the present administration is "worthy of alot of abuse" (my quote)
    and
    The media is not thinking for itself. (Thus exagerating the present governments ideaology)

The media, the movies the shazle etc over here radiates with americans love america.

@Ram - About the hail mary we worship our president thing, in europe we worship our kings and queens.
    Because they are directly connected to God. The Pope will verify.tor this. Presidents have no power in that hemisphere. Mere passer by's.

try this for a hail mary http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/...utoStart=false

In Europe, this type of synicism has been used for decades, it is within us.
    Daily show has it yet of course with the formalities of national decor.

Sorry my wording is a mess.
    Last edited by 100%; 10-17-2006 at 09:45 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Well then let me help you.

100%: this show IS NOT a political msg. we(USA) dont have that patriotic "all hail the queen/king" stuff.
    I did a crash course on that show this weekend, i only discovered him a week ago, turns out he has been daily showing for 7 years.

He seems to have been invited to several prime time "political" shows for his opinion.

@Ram if on TV , (with 1000 of viewers, plus you got a few emmys) you make comments about the present administration are you not sending a "political message"? /interpretation?
    All comedy, even those really bad ones have heavy moral in it.
    The best jokes hurt the victim the most.
    Hahahahahahaha

Jon Stewart seems to be an extremly fast thinking humorous character(and is a "talker"), he has written a book which i would like to read, and when he speaks off the show he is definetly sendiing a pltcl mssge, yet When he speaks on the show he is sending a political message - called synicism or critic or you fkd up
    As in the last president election he obviously showed he was for Kerry. (ooh what would have happened if kerry got the key.. a lot calmer person...)

He has been very direct about that the present administration is "worthy of alot of abuse" (my quote)
    and
    The media is not thinking for itself. (Thus exagerating the present governments ideaology)

The media, the movies the shazle etc over here radiates with americans love america.

@Ram - About the hail mary we worship our president thing, in europe we worship our kings and queens.
    Because they are directly connected to God. The Pope will verify.tor this. Presidents have no power in that hemisphere. Mere passer by's.

try this for a hail mary http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/...utoStart=false

In Europe, this type of synicism has been used for decades, it is within us.
    Daily show has it yet of course with the formalities of national decor.

Sorry my wording is a mess.
    What have you done with Zed?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    rjfan's Avatar Rosebud...
    I believe this show is set under the guise of political satire. unfortunately it is probably most certainly true that a good amount of people-americans and other countries see this as one of their only source of news. so i dont think it is a stretch to assume that there are people who will say " it was on the daily show, so it must be true!" while this can be thought of most any news network the fact remains that this is nothing more than a politically slanted show placed under the assumptions by watchers that it is purely Fun and Games. I believe most propaganda is delivered this way. If not completely over the top it is slid in under the radar taking advantage of our disbelief to realize that it Is Indeed Happening.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    The makes fun of what happens and what is said on the news.

Pretty simple.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by rjfan View Post
    I believe this show is set under the guise of political satire. unfortunately it is probably most certainly true that a good amount of people-americans and other countries see this as one of their only source of news. so i dont think it is a stretch to assume that there are people who will say " it was on the daily show, so it must be true!" while this can be thought of most any news network the fact remains that this is nothing more than a politically slanted show placed under the assumptions by watchers that it is purely Fun and Games. I believe most propaganda is delivered this way. If not completely over the top it is slid in under the radar taking advantage of our disbelief to realize that it Is Indeed Happening.
    There is certainly an element of that.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    rjfan's Avatar Rosebud...
    This may be a bit of a stretch but as an example of "disinformation" lets look at June 6, 1944. The Allied armies intelligence services aired large amounts of phony broadcasts throughout Europe to "disinform" the German armies of a planned attack on the French coast at Pas de Calais. First of all it was the shortest route cross' the English Channel and second of all there were no large impending bluffs as there were at the Real invasion sight of Normandy. Because of this the Atlantic Wall was not heavily re-inforced and Rommel went home for his wifes birthday! Now while I will admit the latter part of that point was in part of bad weather and Rommel believing an invasion would come later- it is still the dis-info that led him to a feeling of assuredness. So...before I start to ramble to the point of annoyance... I just wanted to re-inforce my earlier statement of using the disbelief that things are NOT happening (vis a vis the Liberal in-ability to realize we are at war) as a way of eventually defeating yourself/ourselves. After all if Rommel HAD been in France on D-Day who knows how things would have turned out. Tho I'll bet we would have eventually made it to Berlin...that is if the Russians wouldnt have got there first. P.S .....I hate to say it but yes we did help the French just a little bit in Normandy( really? ) and then of course there is that other village in that other country...Dien Bien Phu.
    Last edited by rjfan; 10-19-2006 at 01:47 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by rjfan View Post
    This may be a bit of a stretch but as an example of "disinformation" lets look at June 6, 1944. The Allied armies intelligence services aired large amounts of phony broadcasts throughout Europe to "disinform" the German armies of a planned attack on the French coast at Pas de Calais. First of all it was the shortest route cross' the English Channel and second of all there were no large impending bluffs as there were at the Real invasion sight of Normandy. Because of this the Atlantic Wall was not heavily re-inforced and Rommel went home for his wifes birthday! Now while I will admit the latter part of that point was in part of bad weather and Rommel believing an invasion would come later- it is still the dis-info that led him to a feeling of assuredness. So...before I start to ramble to the point of annoyance... I just wanted to re-inforce my earlier statement of using the disbelief that things are NOT happening (vis a vis the Liberal in-ability to realize we are at war) as a way of eventually defeating yourself/ourselves. After all if Rommel HAD been in France on D-Day who knows how things would have turned out. Tho I'll bet we would have eventually made it to Berlin...that is if the Russians wouldnt have got there first. P.S .....I hate to say it but yes we did help the French just a little bit in Normandy( really? ) and then of course there is that other village in that other country...Dien Bien Phu.

I think that the Liberal counter might be that it is not an inability to see that there is a war (or at least a struggle for ideological principles) but that it is being waged cackhandedly. That the important job in Afghanistan was left half finished to pursue a badly thought out strategy in Iraq. The result being the security assessment today that AQ is stonger and better organised than it is has ever been.

The latest proposal is that Syria and Iran take on some of the burden of easing the problems in Iraq, an idea the Iraqi Prime Minister appears to favour. Call me cynical but this sort of stuff makes shows like the Daily Show a piece of cake to write.

Re: Normandy, I thought Guillaume had already determined that De Gaulle accomplished that single handly - armed only with a spoon
    Last edited by Biggles; 10-19-2006 at 07:25 PM.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast