Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Daily Show with John Stewart

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rjfan View Post
    This may be a bit of a stretch but as an example of "disinformation" lets look at June 6, 1944. The Allied armies intelligence services aired large amounts of phony broadcasts throughout Europe to "disinform" the German armies of a planned attack on the French coast at Pas de Calais. First of all it was the shortest route cross' the English Channel and second of all there were no large impending bluffs as there were at the Real invasion sight of Normandy. Because of this the Atlantic Wall was not heavily re-inforced and Rommel went home for his wifes birthday! Now while I will admit the latter part of that point was in part of bad weather and Rommel believing an invasion would come later- it is still the dis-info that led him to a feeling of assuredness. So...before I start to ramble to the point of annoyance... I just wanted to re-inforce my earlier statement of using the disbelief that things are NOT happening (vis a vis the Liberal in-ability to realize we are at war) as a way of eventually defeating yourself/ourselves. After all if Rommel HAD been in France on D-Day who knows how things would have turned out. Tho I'll bet we would have eventually made it to Berlin...that is if the Russians wouldnt have got there first. P.S .....I hate to say it but yes we did help the French just a little bit in Normandy( really? ) and then of course there is that other village in that other country...Dien Bien Phu.

I think that the Liberal counter might be that it is not an inability to see that there is a war (or at least a struggle for ideological principles) but that it being waged cackhandedly. That the important job in Afghanistan was left half finished to pursue a badly thought out strategy in Iraq. The result being the security assessment today that AQ is stonger and better organised than it is has ever been.

The latest proposal is that Syria and Iran take on some of the burden of easing the problems in Iraq an idea the Iraqi Prime Minister appears to favour. Call me cynical but this sort of stuff makes shows like the Daily Show a piece of cake to write.

Re: Normandy, I thought Guillaume had already determined that De Gaulle accomplished that single handly - armed only with a spoon
    Not only that, Iraq is a war that was unnecessary. Of course Bush can't bring himself to say, "I fucked up."

All he can do now is say, "Stay the course", "We're here to help the Iraqi people". Conservatives will follow along like sheep.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    the sad truth is that the daily show IS our media now. all the mainstream media here do absolutely nothing they should be doing to hold ANYONE accountable for their actions. For some reason the us testing tactical nuclear weapons (scaled down for smaller use) is less of a story than some kid masturbating in the library. Investigative journalism has hit all time lows, it's sad.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Whats the big deal its a comedy show.... hosted by a COMEDIAN. He takes our good ole' prez's dumbass actions and statements and makes us laff at 'em. And no, the "real news" cannot do what John does. They still have to keep some level of objectivity.

100% ---- the other worlds perception of us all being gun totting patriots is so wrong. How could most of us even care for this man, when he's screwed this country up soo badly in such a small amount of time.

And about the kings/gueens/pope being connected to God please explain.... Last I heard the pope was an elected official(even though he's elected by other "popely" people) and royal families are just that. Kinda like how we had 2 Bush's in office and a 3rd in Fla. Aside from the pope praying all day, I fail to see the connection to God in either case.

O yea, I still say if you voted for bush your retarded.......... DEE DA DEEEEE! lol he's pleased with n. korea now too. he's like soooo awesome! I wanna run naked in the streets screaming USA!! with the stars n stripes streaming from my butthole.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by ram82082 View Post
    I wanna run naked in the streets screaming USA!! with the stars n stripes streaming from my butthole.
    Which would probably get you featured on The Daily Show.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Now with the Dems controlling Congress, keep watch to see if the show changes at all.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    The Comics were stumping for the republicans Guess they will have to work for a living now

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    The Comics were stumping for the republicans Guess they will have to work for a living now
    "All right we need 5 minutes on competent civic policy and reduced deficits"

Good one, vid!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Now with the Dems controlling Congress, keep watch to see if the show changes at all.
    same show, different channel

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Eh?

What channel is the Daily Show going to be on now?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Eh?

What channel is the Daily Show going to be on now?
    Yeah, apparently with new congressional leadership comes a station change for The Daily Show.

The fook?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234