Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seeding from 2 different locations!!?

kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Am i allowed to seed my torrents from 2 different locations(different Ip addresses) under same account name in all private trackers? i dont wanna get kicked out from those trackers.....i am asking this question because i need to share my account with my brother who lives in another country and has a better upload speed that can help me to build a better ratio.......
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by kayvanblue; 10-17-2006 at 08:37 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    umm...i think it should be ok as long as only one of you is leeching at a time
    , as the tracker connects to the log in ip, not really sure though ...but be carefull..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yep definately be careful some sites will ban you for doing it.I think the sites that use passkeys ie torrentleech,revolution etc. should be alright but im not positive.Like poo said be careful and try asking on the forums if its alright.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    I think there are different rules depending upon the tracker.. Checking the rules may be helpful...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    It should be ok, as long as it isn't from too many locations at once. I know that some sites ban you if they catch you on more than 3 IPs per torrent.
    Last edited by Shadowfire; 10-14-2006 at 05:07 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Most sites dont even check. Other check and just ask you why theres so many ips on your account. Long as they are showing within same regions nobody ussually cares cause they figure its just a second line. Where if you had one in U.S. and other in Australia and somebody checked they would figure your sharing your account and ban you more than likely.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I did get warned on one site once because i downloaded a music cd at my dads house and appearently they thought there was something wrong with that.I pmed the moderator and told him why it was a different IP and everything was fine.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    most sites can easily see how many IP's you have, and if your brother is in another country then they will find out

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Best rule to follow is just PM one of the mods at the site that you plan to share with your brother and let them know in advance and also this way get a response to see if its allowed or not.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Shouldnt be aproblem as many uploader have seed boxes in different countries different ip`s, as DKre8ive said , when i doubt ask!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast