Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New baby added to my family :D

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Cool

Bought an Ibanez RG350DX with Inf. pickups, man can this thing squeal , its pearl white with a black pick guard, cost 450 bucks total (incl. new strings, springs, whammy bar, intonation setting) and its totally worth it.

One thing I noticed off the bat is that the floating bridge was going to be a problem, put in 2 springs on the back to add anti-tension and sink the bridge "into" the guitar, makes palm muting easier (not to mention it doesnt go out of tune). Locking nuts are bitches but I'll make an exception for this guitar. Beautifully made and plays like none other (I swear I played a Dean guitar worth 2000 dollars today and this Ibanez was 10x better).

(except mine has a black pickguard)

The only problem that I can see right now is that the action is too low, the strings are literally touching the frets gotta fix that (this is probably cuz of adding the 2 springs to the back) to stop the buzzing, its so bad that playing a note on the 2nd or 1st strings from the 1st-5th fret, it sounds like a dead note

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Music   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Very nice, I play Ibanez too. Love the inlays!

Is that a Floyd Rose locking system? Good for staying in tune, sucks to change a string.

Stock EMG's?

3. Music   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory View Post
    Very nice, I play Ibanez too. Love the inlays!

Is that a Floyd Rose locking system? Good for staying in tune, sucks to change a string.

Stock EMG's?

Ya its' good to keep it in tune, i like the "little" fine tuning things on the bridge (that way you don't have to unlock the nut). But ya its a bitch to change strings and intone

And no not stock EMG's (now that would be a treat), they are Infinite series pickups, 2 double humbuckers and a single coil, sounds amazing the tone I get from this is amazing.

I got the buzzing thiing fixed today, so now the action on it is perfect

On a sidenote (since you asked...sorta), my warlock has the EMG 60 and 81, sounds like a fucking monster

4. Music   -   #4
    I'll do a cover song when i get the chance and post it up, probably just zip file cuz youtube's a bitch (it compresses it in such a way that audio/video goes out of phase).

Any suggestions on what I should cover? (gimme some Damnatory! And I know lee's probably lurking in the shadows too )

edit: whatever you suggest please for the love of god let it be in Drop D, I really don't want to retune this thing (the fine tuner knob for the 6th string [D] is screwed in to the max so I can't really screw it in anymore to bring it back to an E, so basically I'd have to unlock the nut etc etc). If its' in standard I'll just use ze warlock.

5. Music   -   #5
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Noice.

Allthought yours not a Jem or UV, jemsite has some good info about setups.
    Spoiler: Show

6. Music   -   #6
    Thanks for the link Afronaut, bookmarked it, but I know my way around a guitar at least enough to keep it from dying lol

Ok since no one suggested anything I'll do an easy one (it helps cuz its in drop D):

Blood of the Scribe

this ones for you lee lol

7. Music   -   #7
    thesixthsensor's Avatar P0st3r
    Ive been playing an epiphone les paul for two years and I'm damn tired of it... the Les Paul is so over rated.

8. Music   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by thesixthsensor View Post
    Ive been playing an epiphone les paul for two years and I'm damn tired of it... the Les Paul is so over rated.
    What kind of amp set up do you have? I personally think Les Pauls' aren't worth the amount they go for, but they're still great guitars (its not over rated) its just the price is too much, I mean they're good, but they're not that good.

I'll post the video of Blood of the Scribe on Saturday night, I had to get my amp fixed and I get it back on Friday.

9. Music   -   #9
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Lets hear some Trivium meng... any song is fine

10. Music   -   #10
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post
    Thanks for the link Afronaut, bookmarked it, but I know my way around a guitar at least enough to keep it from dying lol

Ok since no one suggested anything I'll do an easy one (it helps cuz its in drop D):

Blood of the Scribe

this ones for you lee lol
    yaye! more covers, looking forward to it. sexy axe too btw. my two ibanez geetars have served me well. they make some quality stuff.

and lol about not wanting to change the tuning. that's the pain-in-the-ass tradeoff for perfect tuning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast