Thread: Avi To Vcd/svcd

I've tried to create a few mpeg's to burn but after encoding with TMPGenc (creating a wav. file first using virtualdub) they've all had sync problems. Just wondered what methods other members were using to create vcd's and svcd's from downloaded movies.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    I am sure many can help you from here, but this site will give you nice instuctions.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I never create a seperate .wav file with Virtualdub. Instead, I use SCMPX as an external audio tool. If you want to try it, here's what you do...

1. Download and install SCMPX to any folder.

2. Run TMPGEnc and cancel out of the wizard.

3. Go up to Option and select Environmental setting...

4. Click on the Audio Engine tab (in older versions I think it's called External Tools).

5. For all three settings, use the Browse button to locate SCMPX (and fill in the dot next to it).

As long as you're there, you should also click on the VFAPI plug-in tab. Right-click on DirectShow Multimedia File Reader and select Higher Priority. Keep doing this until it's at the top of the list. You could also try raising the priority of Wave File Reader to 1 or 2.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    hey i got this, scmpx thing and when i run it it kinda goes whack so can u help meh? i dun know wut to do, i downloaded a movie (drumline dvdrip xvid dcn.avi) and its 700 megs exactly and i wanna make it a dvd without having to have 2 cd's if its possible please reply thanx

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Fasttracker A
    Why would you waste a cd on a peice of crap movie like drumline.

All of a sudden a black kid plays the drums and its cool now.
    People who play in the band are geeks playing on the football
    team is cool.

Who watches these stupid movies anyway ?

You must be as stupid as you talk here (or type)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Wicked_GL@10 May 2003 - 16:46
    hey i got this, scmpx thing and when i run it it kinda goes whack    so can u help meh? i dun know wut to do, i downloaded a movie (drumline dvdrip xvid dcn.avi) and its 700 megs exactly and i wanna make it a dvd without having to have 2 cd's if its possible please reply thanx
    You need a DVD burner to make a DVD. If you want to make a VCD (which will play in most DVD players), you can only fit about 80 minutes of video on a 700MB CD-R. Since most movies are longer than that, you usually have to either split them yourself, or search Kazaa for a pre-split version of your movie. If you want to do it yourself, here are some links that might help you...

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_faq_plus.html

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Do a Kazaa search for a file spitting program!