Thread: Unable to log onto SuperTorrents

I was a member of Supertorrents untill last night when i invited my flatmate to join but as we're on the same router it looks as if i have two accounts and looks to have banned me. I have an invite for it and wondered if there was a way i could get back on, maybe if my IP address was changed?
    Last edited by wayneyg; 10-16-2006 at 04:18 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Xsensei's Avatar ::DreAmer:: BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    2006-10-07 - Ok, all ST members are informed via mass PM system we're dealing harsh with duplicate IP accounts as of now. Also, this is a message to new members who are thinking of opening more then one account on this lovely tracker - don't do it as you'll be playing with your main account too.
    You should read the news everyday...
    Go to the IRC and maybe someone will help you...
    http://www.ftwr.in/pic/smilies/pent2.gif

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sorry but as my profile states, I'm a noob. Where do i go for the IRC or is it a seperate place like mIRC?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Xsensei's Avatar ::DreAmer:: BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    For help or support please Join #STSupport on irc.p2p-network.net You can also use the java chat below. Simply type /j #stsupport when you enter the main SuperTorrents Channel.

The official IRC channel is #supertorrents on the P2P-IRC network.
    http://www.ftwr.in/pic/smilies/pent2.gif

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Very simple explanation as to why your account was disabled:

Uploaded 34.02 GB
    Downloaded 72.04 GB
    Seed Bonus 2.59 GB

Ratio 0.472

Rules state

After you've downloaded 5gb, if your ratio is below 0.6 you WILL receive a warning and be given time to improve it, fail to do and you're out.
    I'm pretty sure you would have received several warnings. Private trackers are not the place for leechers.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Read the FAQ.

Can I invite someone I live with?

NO! We can not stress this enough. Only one account per IP address (which each household shares between computers) is allowed on SuperTorrents. Staff makes multiple checks on this weekly and you WILL be caught. When you are, all your accounts will be disabled except for the one with the LOWEST ratio. So your better off not taking any chances.

It actually makes more sense to share one account if you think about it. Each household has a limited download and upload speed, if your trying to maintain ratios for multiple accounts it becomes much more difficult then it would if you only had one account. So instead, combine all your downloading and uploading into one account and avoid to fuss.

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Read the FAQ.

Can I invite someone I live with?

NO! We can not stress this enough. Only one account per IP address (which each household shares between computers) is allowed on SuperTorrents. Staff makes multiple checks on this weekly and you WILL be caught. When you are, all your accounts will be disabled except for the one with the LOWEST ratio. So your better off not taking any chances.

It actually makes more sense to share one account if you think about it. Each household has a limited download and upload speed, if your trying to maintain ratios for multiple accounts it becomes much more difficult then it would if you only had one account. So instead, combine all your downloading and uploading into one account and avoid to fuss.
    So that's why my account has gone. Fair enough, my own fault for not reading up on it

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Most people get duplicate accounts when they have low ratios. They think if their first account is going to get banned they can still use the site. So they leech on 1 account and upload on the other.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    That was never the reason why i set up another account for my flatmate. It was setup so he can download instead of me always doing it for him! Last time i do him a favour!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Yeah Life's a bitch!

try to help your friend...

The exact same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago.