Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is the best to get rare or old stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler View Post
    for really rare stuff, i like emule. In the past i've gone onto several torrent sites and newsgroups and couldnt find what i was looking for. I knew that amongst the masses, someone must have it. And indeed there were. On emule and 9 people sharing it. a simple search is all it took too instead of site hopping. I only use it as a last resort though as its slow.
    But how could you find true non-fake non-mislabelled non-infected files in eMule?
    Do you simply use the search provided by eMule? Reliable? Can search for the whole network?
    Where's the best places to spot these ed2k links?

2. File Sharing   -   #12

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by delimare View Post
    Torrent Harvester can yield some nice results from time to time.
    Hmm... This is a torrent search engine.

How do you compare between an online search site like http://torrent-finder.com/ and an installed search engine like Torrent Harvester?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    for older stuff Opennap and Soulseek...

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsum View Post
    Torrent Harvester can yield some nice results from time to time.

How do you compare between an online search site like http://torrent-finder.com/ and an installed search engine like Torrent Harvester?
    It looks like the 2 are somewhat similar in what they search. Torrent Harvester isn't a site but rather a 3rd party app while the other one is web based. But duhhh, we all knew that . Anyway, torrent harvester searches over 171 different sites atm and it looks like torrent-finder searches around 152 (with or without private trackers? ). I was unaware of this torrent-finder site, looks good.

5. File Sharing   -   #15

It looks like the 2 are somewhat similar in what they search. Torrent Harvester isn't a site but rather a 3rd party app while the other one is web based. But duhhh, we all knew that . Anyway, torrent harvester searches over 171 different sites atm and it looks like torrent-finder searches around 152 (with or without private trackers? ). I was unaware of this torrent-finder site, looks good.
    I think so.

The bad about Torrent Finder is you need to go one after one for the search result. It simply gather all sites together, so you need to look for the search result returned by each site.

Regarding Torrent Harvester, it appears it is much better to view the search results since it is summarised.

Have you ever heard this product called Torrent Searcher?
    Last edited by bootsum; 10-18-2006 at 08:22 PM.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    well, the best way to dl old files is emule, but on some torrent sites like finbytes, there r also some rare old uniques.

7. File Sharing   -   #17

Surprised/Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by TiME` View Post
    well, the best way to dl old files is emule, ...
    How could I find true non-fake non-mislabelled non-infected files in eMule?
    Should I use the search provided by eMule?
    Reliable? What networks/servers does it search?
    What serverlist do you use?

but on some torrent sites like finbytes, there r also some rare old uniques.
    This is a private tracker, which means it is next to impossible to get a registered account.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by lightshow View Post
    If you want new and old music you should check out soulseek. It has a lot of users, and tons over tons of content
    I agree. Soulseek has a lot of rare stuff with music, especially mp3s. I think the variety comes with the fact that you really don't do much in order to upload, unlike torrents.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    How could I find true non-fake non-mislabelled non-infected files in eMule?
    Should I use the search provided by eMule?
    Reliable? What networks/servers does it search?
    What serverlist do you use?

but on some torrent sites like finbytes, there r also some rare old uniques.
    This is a private tracker, which means it is next to impossible to get a registered account.

there is a sticky here somewhere with ed2k link sites and yes u can use the search function in emule, it is rather reliable especially when u search for films
    ripped by scene crews
    Open your mind

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lightshow View Post
    If you want new and old music you should check out soulseek. It has a lot of users, and tons over tons of content
    I agree. Soulseek has a lot of rare stuff with music, especially mp3s. I think the variety comes with the fact that you really don't do much in order to upload, unlike torrents.
    What type of music are on in Soulseek?
    What language of the music - English? German? French? Italian? Japanese? Chinese? Korean? Arabic? Or all of them?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast