Thread: Internet Connection Slow

Poster
    Well my internet connection was disconnected b/c of the payment and I have sent the payment and called a few days ago and the service has been restored but ever since then the connection is extremely slow. Even though I only have 56k it used to be good but ever since it is crawling at a very slow speed. now Kazaa will not even connect and any webpages i try to view don't load. does this sound like more of an ISP problem or should i try something on my pc?
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Well not sure how long you were without Internet connection. Have you check your ISP website to see if perhaps there has been changing to the service. If not maybe you should give them a call and have them look into it. I doubt that it would have anything to do with your pc unless of course to made changing after it was cutoff.

Check out this article. Might have some pointers.

google search results for Improve 56k connection

As for viewing pages, try cleaning out the Interent cache, history files, temp files etc....'Internet Options' in Internet Explorer....................

So what others provide..............
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I have NTS communications. they are a local isp where i live. i've emailed them to see if they can look into it since nothing else helps and there have been no changes made to anything else on my computer.
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    They could be capping or turning down the volume on your phone line just to be cu*ts for not paying your bill on time. This would have drastic effects on your connection speed.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    if i wer u i would get an more commericalised isp