Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Scariest Movie You Have Seen?

it's a stephen king novel adapted for screen by kubrick...i thought that was implied...to me knowledge, stephen king doesn't make his own movies...

it's there on my top five list, too...and you've gotta love the amazingly eerie soundscapes; especially the pieces in there by penderecki, are real horror sound classics!
    Last edited by arvind_sampath; 04-24-2008 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Movies & TV   -   #112
    trebor31's Avatar -=-=-=-=- BT Rep: +3
    The Exorsist

3. Movies & TV   -   #113
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    not just that sampath, the whole atmosphere created in the movie.
    the changes in tone, from when he's normal, to when he goes "Cu-ckoo!"

scary shit i tell you

4. Movies & TV   -   #114
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Spatter films though momentarily shocking act more as a release of tension than anything.If violence is commonplace it inevitably loses it's impact.
    One brutal scene in an otherwise placid movie though that can get under your skin and scar you for years .
    Like you said shaman it's the everyday transformed into the horrific that is the most disturbing.

5. Movies & TV   -   #115
    @VillageShaman: Yes, i absolutely agree with you when it comes to The Shining. Kubrick is a true master, and like most of the best, his range is unbelievable...it's why movie goers who enjoy startlingly different genres, and who wouldn't otherwise have anything in common, all share a common awe towards him. Movies like The Shining, A Clockwork Orange and 2001, all from the same person...that's something.

IdolEyes787:
    One brutal scene in an otherwise placid movie though that can get under your skin and scar you for years .
    That's so true. Now this has reminded me of another great director i'd like to recommend here. Do not be misled, he does not make "horror" films; actually attempts at trying to pin his movies down, with any sort of genre classification or analysis, prove useless. David Lynch. And even as i read what you'd written, it immediately connected with a scene from "The Lost Highway", which i just can't describe(where the hero meets his ghost-faced stalker at a party), but it impregnates you, and comes back in the most unusual of times. All his movies are mindbenders, and the supernatural, otherworldly, dreamscapes he leads you into, will linger inside you for a long time.

6. Movies & TV   -   #116
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yes I enjoyed the twisted scheme that composed "Mullholand Dr."

Very intense. Totally dreamworld/trippy/meshing into the real world. It's not so much scary as it is unpredictable, though, which is also the reason why it is a bit eerie.

7. Movies & TV   -   #117
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quite frankly monster/ghost stories don't scare me mainly because I disassociate from them.If anything,I find them to be humorous.

I'd have to say the first 80 minutes(before the plot twist is revealed) of a french film called Haute Tension was one of the most exhilirating horror films i've ever seen.
    Now if I only it had a better ending,damnit.

On a sidenote,I've always found Silence of the lambs to be chilling and it gets even more chilling with every viewing.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 04-25-2008 at 07:09 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #118
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I just saw Silence of the Lambs on television the other day.
    I had forgotten how great Sir Anthony was before before he became a bit of a caricature of himself.
    And soulreaper couldn't agree more about Haute Tension, the ending spoiled the whole movie for me.Kind of made the rest of the movie seem pointless.

9. Movies & TV   -   #119
    lolapa's Avatar Poster
    American Pie!, i dont watch scary movies -.-'

10. Movies & TV   -   #120
    "The eye of the snake" or something like that from 80`s

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast