Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer 7 Released!

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I cant seem to get ie7 to validate my copy of windows so im sticking with firefox.

2. News (Archive)   -   #42
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    I cant seem to get ie7 to validate my copy of windows so im sticking with firefox.
    try and find a no wga version of ie7 and u'll be good. at least i was. even if u are using a genuine copy of windows ppl do seem to have ur prob and use a cracked version for the no wga and works fine. look into if u already haven't, but then again just use ur ff instead like me. i just like to have 2 browsers to play with.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. News (Archive)   -   #43
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    so what your saying is that your not installing critical system updates because you don't like the fact it only says xp rather than the full pro , also the added security features suck because they make you press an extra button.

Microsoft really have an uphill struggle with getting vista locked down if you represent the average user.

in other news they have found the first vulnerability already
    http://secunia.com/advisories/22477/
    I always had all critical updates for SP1. I'm not the only one who stayed with SP1. However, I upgraded to SP2 today and now I'm up-to-date.

4. News (Archive)   -   #44
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    for thoes who couldnt install it, there is a torrent called IE7 on torrentPortal download it, its has a very easy walkthro to install IE7 final.
    Internet Explorer 7 for 32bit Windows XP SP2 - Final, No WGA Needed

PLEASE READ:

1) Using an archive extraction tool - such as WinRAR (www.rarlabs.com) - right click on IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe and extract it to a folder you can remember. If you are using WinRAR, select "Extract to IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe"

2) Extract IE7RC1_WGA_Crack.zip to a folder you can remember. Ignore the "RC1" - the included files work perfectly with this FINAL edition.

3) Open the folder you extracted IE7RC1_WGA_Crack.zip to. Copy (Ctrl+C) the file named "iecustom.dll".

4) Open the folder you extracted IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe to. Navigate to the folder "update".

5) Paste the file you previously selected (iecustom.dll) and replace it with the file already in the "update" folder.

6) Still in the "update" folder, run update.exe. Close any current versions of Internet Explorer and other open applications. When asked to validate Windows, select "Next". Your Windows install will not be vaildated, but the setup will tell you it has been succesfully verified anyway.

7) Reboot when asked at the end of the installation. READ ALL THE STEPS BEFORE YOU REBOOT!

8) On reboot, a dialogue box may open stating that explorer.exe could not start because of a missing DLL. This is OK. Open the Task Manager by pushing CTRL+ALT+DEL key combination. When Windows Task Manager has opened, select File > New Task (Run...). Select "Browse" and change Files of type: to "All Files"

9) Open the folder you extracted IE7RC1_WGA_Crack.zip to. Copy (Ctrl+C) the file named "normaliz.dll".

10) With the Browse window still open, navigate to C:\Windows\System 32\ . Of course, if windows is installed on a different directory and path, select this instead.

11) Paste the file you previously selected (normaliz.dll) into the System 32 folder.

12) Close the Browse window by clicking "Cancel". With the Create New Task box still open, type "Desktop" and hit OK. If you have lost the Create New Task box, select it by pushing CTRL+ALT+DEL, opening Task Manager, and navigating to File > New Task (Run...)

13) Windows Explorer will load and IE will finalise the install. Open the folder you extracted IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe to. Navigate to the folder "update".

14) Ensure Internet Explorer 7 is closed at this time. In the "update" folder, double click on "xmllitesetup.exe" to install it.

15) When this is finished (no reboot neccesary), run Internet Explorer 7 and enjoy using it!

These are some extremely simple steps for even novice users. It's hard to go wrong! Enjoy using IE7 -- xtc.
    Note: after rebooting and getting the dll missing error windows wont load and as said u must open task manager by Ctrl+alt+Del and do the rest of the steps, u can open the walkthro guide while browsing thro task manager also if u forget the remaining steps or u can just print the damn guide

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. News (Archive)   -   #45
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Firefox user here, don't like tabs, so I don't use them.

What I do like about firefox is the search in the toolbar, I've got my list set up as Google, Dictionary.com, UrbanDictionary, Wikipedia, and I've made one of my own that searches GoogleImages.

Also like the IEView extension, and I used to like the ImageShack upload extension, but unfortunately that doesn't work in FireFox 2 RC3.

Anyway, so is IE7 any good then?

6. News (Archive)   -   #46
    can someone post their version of the final release for ie7 plz? i uninstalled ie7rc1 and installed ie7final, but want to know if ie7final has overwritten all files and updated to correct version. hell, also, could someone post the version for rc1 too? lol, sry i shoulda checked, but it's been a update software nite tonite. thx in advance.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

7. News (Archive)   -   #47
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    can someone post their version of the final release for ie7 plz? i uninstalled ie7rc1 and installed ie7final, but want to know if ie7final has overwritten all files and updated to correct version. hell, also, could someone post the version for rc1 too? lol, sry i shoulda checked, but it's been a update software nite tonite. thx in advance.
    Just check in Internet Explorer...goto the Help button (Alt+L) scroll to about IE. In the "Update Versions" it'll say 'RC' is it is RC Release or '0' if its final release. There some screenshots of it in the Neowin Article, just check the comments.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

8. News (Archive)   -   #48
    ok, cool. thx. final release 0. thx.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

9. News (Archive)   -   #49
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    You can configure the toolbars. I finally found a site!
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/internet..._tips1375.html

10. News (Archive)   -   #50
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by kazaaman View Post
    You can configure the toolbars. I finally found a site!
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/internet..._tips1375.html
    That's kinda messed up that there has to be a registry hack for such a thing.

I got rid of the menu bar. It's wasted real estate.

I have

Address Bar and Search
    Links (all the way across it's 15)
    Tabs and Command Bar

I have the Command Bar moved far off to the right where only one button shows.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast