dnero73's Avatar Poster
    thanks i´m pretty new to newsgroups and this will help a lot

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #33
    The ultimate "Par n Rar" utility:

PAR BUDDY
    http://www.parbuddy.dk/Default.htm

Ultimate because if you replace the par.exe in the ParBuddy directory by the par.exe AND the dll found in the following zip:
    par2cmdline-0.4-tbb-20080116-win32.zip
    http://chuchusoft.com/par2_tbb/index.html

you have a perfect multithreaded tool ( It uses winrar 3.70 library too) !

Read the .txt cause it's interesting and don't forget to donate because this software is going to spare you a lot of time:

http://www.parbuddy.dk/Donate.htm

This is my little find for all you dedicated nzb finders.Thanks again,guys.
    Last edited by Ludvig; 03-30-2008 at 08:51 AM.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #34
    Thanks to the OP.

Just fixed an 11GB file. Great post.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #35
    Okay.. this might be a stupid question, me being new to the whole usenet formus and such.. but here it goes: I've been trying to download TTSCC Disc 2 (Terminator) and it's missing 14 files but I only need 218 blocks:

1. How do I contact the poster?
    2. I saw it on searching on Newzbin but my membership is with easynews how can I tell if it's the same download with the 14 missing files?
    3. I'm not quite sure if I understand the process.. there are sites for finding the files then there are sites for actually downloading the files?

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Okay.. another problem...
    I used quickpar to repair one of my downloads, it states that everything is there at at 100% but when I try to extract with winrar, it's still asking me for the missing files... What do I do?
    Last edited by chemistry_101; 03-09-2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #36

Smile

was very helpfull Thanks a lot

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #37
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by chemistry_101 View Post
    Okay.. this might be a stupid question, me being new to the whole usenet formus and such.. but here it goes: I've been trying to download TTSCC Disc 2 (Terminator) and it's missing 14 files but I only need 218 blocks:

1. How do I contact the poster?
    2. I saw it on searching on Newzbin but my membership is with easynews how can I tell if it's the same download with the 14 missing files?
    3. I'm not quite sure if I understand the process.. there are sites for finding the files then there are sites for actually downloading the files?

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Okay.. another problem...
    I used quickpar to repair one of my downloads, it states that everything is there at at 100% but when I try to extract with winrar, it's still asking me for the missing files... What do I do?
    This wasn't the thread for them questions, you should have started a new topic.

1. You don't, you post a fill request, or a request for more par files, in the group you got it from.

2. Because they will be posted to the same group at the same time as where you got them from in the first place, then they will be the same set you are looking for, sometimes they can be posted to different groups on different days and they will still belong to the same set, just because you found them via an alternative method doesn't mean they are different, they all search the same set of files so you can be confident you found what you was looking for.

3. Yes, usenet search index sites catalogues what is on usenet, you don't need a site to download the files, you need a client that can access usenet via your usenet provider (giganews, newsdemon, newshosting are paid for providers), you can however find sites that use files (newzbin files) that have done all the hard work for you by putting all the files into 1 index file that you then import into your client (newsleecher, newsbin etc) and it then pulls the files from usenet for you.

4. Ask if others are having the same problem.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #38
    Great job!

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #39
    dont get these par files new to newsgroups pls help

if i download lts say somethin without par files and some .rar files are corrupt can i run quick par to fix it????

or do i have to ask origonal uploader to run quick par on his version and send them to me?

ahh my head pls help someone im a total noob when it comes to this
    Last edited by warwickd; 09-05-2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #40
    * Binaries4All has a great tutorial on this subject.

Images on original thread post above have their watermarks, crediting source would be nice.
    Last edited by yann; 10-25-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast