Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mpaa ignores usenet

well i heard you only get fooked if you upload , on usenet your only downloading and apparently that legal anywhere

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    FriLock's Avatar Mr. Fantabulous
    Tis true it is possible to get in trouble if you upload because all nsps are required to keep logs of all posts that are uploaded but usenet providers will not release those logs, instead all they do is delete the files in question wheen they recieve a DMCA complaint/violation. This means users are safe and only the content is targeted. Usenet isnt free but imo its worth a few bucks not to risk going to jail.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    NZB Looter
    Something I don't understand. If all post are complied to be taken down upon detection of copyright infringement (it's so fucking obvious to the mpaa) then why do we still see so many of them being hang around merrily like free even up to 90 days?

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by rokie View Post
    Something I don't understand. If all post are complied to be taken down upon detection of copyright infringement (it's so fucking obvious to the mpaa) then why do we still see so many of them being hang around merrily like free even up to 90 days?
    they hang around for so long because usenet is a network of many huge server farms that connect together and propogate out all the files they recieve to every other. each peer is normally owned by a differnet organisation. for instance newshosting maintain their own servers and your isp will maintain their own.

how do you ask to take down a file off thousands of different machines who belong to thousands of different companies over the globe.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    NZB Looter
    Hey you're right genius. That took me so long LOL!

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rokie View Post
    they hang around for so long because usenet is a network of many huge server farms that connect together and propogate out all the files they recieve to every other. each peer is normally owned by a differnet organisation. for instance newshosting maintain their own servers and your isp will maintain their own.

how do you ask to take down a file off thousands of different machines who belong to thousands of different companies over the globe.
    Another thing that makes it hard to get busted is the retention. At a certain date there is no more evidence.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by geen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post

Another thing that makes it hard to get busted is the retention. At a certain date there is no more evidence.
    Yep! Gotta love the Usenet, any place where I can grab an episode of my favorite TV show in 6 Min flat imo is the place to be!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12