Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: I suppose Harry Reid's land deal...

  1. #1
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    ...is small potatoes, not even worth a mention, huh?

    http://www.forbes.com/technology/ebu...ap3083826.html
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,804
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    ...is small potatoes, not even worth a mention, huh?

    http://www.forbes.com/technology/ebu...ap3083826.html
    I think the question is fast becoming "are there any straight politicians (by straight I mean honest) left on either side of the house?

    What will all these shenanigans do to the turn out in Nov?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum


  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    ...is small potatoes, not even worth a mention, huh?

    http://www.forbes.com/technology/ebu...ap3083826.html
    I think the question is fast becoming "are there any straight politicians (by straight I mean honest) left on either side of the house?

    What will all these shenanigans do to the turn out in Nov?
    As to your first, I honestly don't know.

    Funny, though, the press is having an easy time quelling it's outrage over Reid, and nobody has called for his head.

    The elections are still a bit of a mystery, although the Dems are counting their chickens with alacrity.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    rjfan's Avatar Rosebud...
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    21
    what i would like to know are what are the OTHER TWO deals he is just now remembering to file with the ethics cmmttee? Maybe Charlie Rengel plans to give him a deal if he cuts him in on some greenbacks? That is God forbid they actually do win the House. I like to think of the wonderful parades and marches and all the happy rainbow of colors we will see when Nancy Pelosi is Speaker(MY GOD!)

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by rjfan View Post
    what i would like to know are what are the OTHER TWO deals he is just now remembering to file with the ethics cmmttee? Maybe Charlie Rengel plans to give him a deal if he cuts him in on some greenbacks? That is God forbid they actually do win the House. I like to think of the wonderful parades and marches and all the happy rainbow of colors we will see when Nancy Pelosi is Speaker(MY GOD!)
    You'll have to listen pretty close to hear anything too critical about Reid.

    Details will be sketchy...I predict.

    I'll tell you what, though:

    If the Dems win out in November, you're gonna see an intra-party blood-letting like you've never seen-Watch Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer...keep an eye on that big dummy John Murtha, too.

    It's going to be hilarious!
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    rjfan's Avatar Rosebud...
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    21
    Now,now lets give Murtha a little credit! He's more of a large Ass. I tend to think maybe he is just a little senile. I seem to recall Mr. Murtha remarking that If Youve never served in the military you cant say a thing about Iraq..and huff huff huff. Somebody should remind Mr. Murtha that the beautifully intelligent framers put the power to weild over the military in the hands of a civilian(aka Mr. President.) Well....I never meant...yeah yeah yeah. Maybe you and Ted Kennedy should go pick up a couple of girls,have some drinks,and go for a nice scenic ride.
    The only good thing that could result from such an incident for the Dems. is neither one would "remember" what happpened. Or maybe they could claim they were on their way to vote in congress..even though there is no vote scheduled...oh wait thats a different Kennedy. I LOVE these guys!!

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by rjfan View Post
    ...maybe he is just a little senile. I seem to recall Mr. Murtha remarking that If Youve never served in the military you cant say a thing about Iraq..and huff huff huff...
    He may as well have said, "You can't talk about bribes and corruption unless you've been an unindicted co-conspirator in the ABSCAM scandal..."
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,804


    Poor Mr Murtha

    You would think after being in politics for so long he would have realised that you are only a respected war hero if you don't upset the people currently in power. All things are relative it would seem
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum


  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post


    Poor Mr Murtha

    You would think after being in politics for so long he would have realised that you are only a respected war hero if you don't upset the people currently in power. All things are relative it would seem
    His standing as a war hero is questionable, Les.

    The only truly verifiable fact is he made it home from Viet Nam.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,630
    I'll leave you to your opinions on murtha's politics, but I will point out that the only time he points out the lack of military service is in reply to chickenhawks that call him a coward.( funny how we never hear the "coward" chants when republicans say pretty much the same as murtha)

    Murtha is a decorated war veteran and one of the top supporters of the well being of our military personnel. He has never described himself as a hero.

    All those that put on the uniform are hero's just for that. you either support that fact or you don't.

    Some do bad things when in uniform and if they are charged and found guilty then you can legitimately raise that. But to call in question someones service when you have never worn the uniform yourself because he has different political beliefs is below contempt and even if you have served it shows a flawed character and lack of respect for your brothers in arms.

    What kind of message does it send to the troops when their service, their sacrifice, the fact that they put their lives on the line for their country, will be called into question by those that never served if they don't follow uncritically their political views.

    it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •