3. Lounge   -   #3
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    good good
    `anyone from Argentina on this board?

I need your help and if you can help me pM me

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Wordsup, much

I think you used to be in the electrical appliance trade before you got sacked. I want one of those DivX players with a usb plug at the front, but apparently they only sell them in the US.

I know that you've got an outdated electricity supply over there, so is there anything I can do - or rather, anyone I can pay - to make it so one of these fantastical machines will work in the UK?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    http://shopping.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ss_...layer_usb.html

I like the lok of the Yamada but then I like them coz I know they work OK.

A fully-featured player that is a bargain at this price. The picture and sound outputs are good quality, it even features 5.1 outputs if you are lucky enough to have a surround sound system and the styling does not look out of place among much more expensive equipment. But what really marks this player out is the MPEG4 (DivX/XVid) support along with the USB interface. Not only will it play MPEG4s from CD-Rs and CD-RWs, you can also just stick them on a USB storage device (flash drive, MP3 player, or external hard drive) and it will happily play them through the USB interface. This delivers surprisingly good quality, with no glitches (so far) in playback, with no hassle factor. Sure, the menu systems are a little clunky, but still navigable, although not of the quality that you would expect if you bought a well-known brand. But at this price, with high-quality playback and this many features, its still a five-star product.
    Andy Parkinson, April 2006

6. Lounge   -   #6
    NB

** EDITORS COMMENT: You must ensure that apart from being FAT32 formatted your hard disk drive also only has a single partition... if not then the player will not be able to read it. If you are having problems we recommend wiping the drive and rebuild it to ensure this is the case... invariably once done the drive will be found.
    Even if the drive has a tiny second partition this will cause the player to not be able to read the drive at all. **

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    NB

** EDITORS COMMENT: You must ensure that apart from being FAT32 formatted your hard disk drive also only has a single partition... if not then the player will not be able to read it. If you are having problems we recommend wiping the drive and rebuild it to ensure this is the case... invariably once done the drive will be found.
    Even if the drive has a tiny second partition this will cause the player to not be able to read the drive at all. **
    That's a bit limiting really, innit

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Orsum. Thanks, JP.

Yamada for me too - that one you told me to buy ages ago is still the best one of the four I have. It plays 'owt.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    NB

That's a bit limiting really, innit
    It is a bit, however I wouldn't think it's a major problem.

Certainly for me my external drives are single partitions. I only bother partitioning the one in the PC so I can work on the C:\ drive without risking other things.

As to having it as FAT32, there's no real need to use NTFS for storing / streaming media as the speed advantages won't make any noticeable difference.

Limiting yes, but not so as be a major concern, in my opinion.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    S'even got a card reader in it as well,very nice lil player fer the price.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast