Thread: Music bit rates 128 v 192 sharemore 192 please

Hi Guys

There is a poll on this forum as to which bit rate we prefer - 192 seems to come out on top.

Without getting into technical details or whose ear or gear is best I think we all must admit that with big hard drives and faster download speeds there is no excuse to stick with 128 as 192 seems a better compromise between quality and size.

So then my qeustion is - Can we all start to try to share more 192 bit files as I still find a huge preponderance of 128 and VBR files on Ares and Limewire etc.

Kind Regards

Digby

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Haleluyah! Totally agree. 192 VBR rocks!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    most of my bitrate mp3's are 320 with the exception of 192's. when i started acquiring music via kazaa dayz i had mostly 128, but that is a thing of the past. i pretty much get whole albums and not single tracks anymore and those pretty much cum in cd quality 320kbps. all thru bt and not this ares business and/or limewire u speak of.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    /moved to file sharing section.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    what below 192 kpbs sux ... 192 is acceptable but i prefer bitrates like 256, 320 or high vbr

for random music mp3 is just fine...but i like my fav albums to be in a lossless format preferably DTS but flac and ape also do the charm
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Most of the music I've come across was around 192. I get at least that when looking for MP3's (when Soulseek was used a lot on this forum a while back a 192 minimum was encouraged and its stuck for me).

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I also only download mp3s with no less than 192kbps. I prefer VBR V0 or V1, though.